Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2007, 12:25 PM   #37
jeremyshay

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metalic Liftback
Send a message via AIM to jeremyshay
lol. i had an 02 rolla s. i loved it. it could PULL! she just couldnt drive maybe :?
either way, ive raced a few people in both cars, the rolla took the spotlight most though... thats why a turbo or sc is being considered for the yarii :)
Old 09-29-2007, 02:30 PM   #38
Duartizzle
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Scion Tc
wow. that is such crap. i think the yaris is a total entry level chick car. i mean look at the front end of both the sedan and the hatch, its so non-aggressive looking. and i mean, no "manly" type car comes with an engine that has less than 110 hp.
Old 09-29-2007, 02:53 PM   #39
alwaysBS
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
not for nothing but aren't all corolla owners female anyway????
hahah relax man, i own a corolla too. ill choose the corolla over my WIFE yaris hatch anyday. yaris stock cant be a corolla stock...the girl might not know how to drive.... dont really believe this.(106hp=yaris beats a 126hp=corolla?)
Old 09-29-2007, 03:05 PM   #40
2yoda xrs

Drives: 2zzCorolla
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by black2yaris View Post
There are some guys driving a Corrola now that don't know they be drivin' a "Girlie Car"
i don't know how you came up with that comment, i don't even know if you're trying to look down on guys that owns a corolla...i say do a little more research & see what corollas are really capable of.

wanna run my girlie car corolla with your yaris? . . . i'll even give you 2 lengths & i'll start on 2nd gear (you powershift all you want)

rotfl

Last edited by 2yoda xrs; 09-29-2007 at 08:16 PM.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:42 PM   #41
06rolladood

Drives: Corolla
lol 2yoda....i dont understand why so many ppl at yw wanna talk crap about the rollas and so many ppl at 9gc (not pointing fingers) about yaris's but come on they are both slow as bawlz.....and anyway i win /endgame :D
Old 09-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #42
lifthard1

Drives: Black LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06rolladood View Post
lol 2yoda....i dont understand why so many ppl at yw wanna talk crap about the rollas and so many ppl at 9gc (not pointing fingers) about yaris's but come on they are both slow as bawlz.....and anyway i win /endgame :D
Cant we all just get along there are so many Hondas out there to bash.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:46 AM   #43
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Cant be stereotypin that the Corolla is a girlie car. I mean, i see many Yaris sedan S versions that are mainly bein driven by a high school/college girl...rarely by guys. Now the Liftback i see driven by guys a lot more than girls.

Dont diss dude, my friends got a Corolla S, we're homies. We both like each others cars, park next to each other. Its the Fit and the Civic Si you guys should be goin after..

And dont brag about Corolla powe either.... sure stock Corolla > stock Yaris but......stock tC > stock Corolla....get my point?

POintless..
Old 10-01-2007, 03:05 AM   #44
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
yes this is a bit like arguing who's a better actor? Alec Baldwin or Stephen Baldwin?

Corollas are all right, a bit bland looking maybe, but the XRS's gotta be a fun drive...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 10-01-2007, 03:29 AM   #45
la panique
zhen zhong, it's big!

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
So is this Corolla a girly car too?
Old 10-01-2007, 03:49 AM   #46
2yoda xrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
And dont brag about Corolla powe either.... sure stock Corolla > stock Yaris but......stock tC > stock Corolla....get my point?
lets be a little bit more specific here, you're not referring to the "2ZZ-GE / VVTL-i / 11.5:1 compression / 8200 RPM redline / 6 speed M/T COROLLA", are you? when you guys want to talk crap about corolla power, i suggest you do some research & don't generalize all COROLLAs.
Old 10-01-2007, 04:11 AM   #47
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
did i mention the word XRS anywhere.....?? No...read a little carefully next time. XRS is just a super-sized version of the stock and S versions. Its kind of like how an old gen xB just jumped into a new xB gen body......

Same here w/ a Corolla except it jumped within the same gen. Yes, a tC could own a XRS Corolla simply because its a sleek 2 door design rather than a sluggish 4-door shape as is the Corolla, and along with driving skills....Yes stock tC can own stock XRS.....~_~

Honda Civic Si > Corolla XRS.......i'll say it again..Whats your point? nothing to brag about compact horsepower....
Sit in a 30k car and up and have some serious money spent on that, then talk power dude.

Never had the intent to bash considering i have friends w/ them and have them already race ready..But if you want some, i can give it aite..
Old 10-01-2007, 08:31 AM   #48
Capagotks
Chode

Drives: Silver 5 Door YRX 1.5L I4
Send a message via MSN to Capagotks
yeah, good work.....NAT!
Old 10-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #49
lifthard1

Well guys I seen both sides of the world and I wold have to say that there are 2 XRS in the US that a civic would not hold a candle to.Not tring to take up for the corolla or any thing ..

I no longer own the car
Old 10-01-2007, 02:27 PM   #50
Toyotech
Your Toyota Technician

Drives: 06 Cobalt SS/SC, 06 Rolla S
Send a message via AIM to Toyotech
Quote:
did i mention the word XRS anywhere.....?? No...read a little carefully next time. XRS is just a super-sized version of the stock and S versions. Its kind of like how an old gen xB just jumped into a new xB gen body......

Same here w/ a Corolla except it jumped within the same gen. Yes, a tC could own a XRS Corolla simply because its a sleek 2 door design rather than a sluggish 4-door shape as is the Corolla, and along with driving skills....Yes stock tC can own stock XRS.....~_~

Honda Civic Si > Corolla XRS.......i'll say it again..Whats your point? nothing to brag about compact horsepower....
Sit in a 30k car and up and have some serious money spent on that, then talk power dude.

Never had the intent to bash considering i have friends w/ them and have them already race ready..But if you want some, i can give it aite..
huh? supersized version? sluggish 4 door shape... but a non sluggish weight, same driver both cars xrs>Tc ...and lets not turn this in to some stupid magazine race

don't need a 30k car..
Old 10-01-2007, 02:30 PM   #51
lifthard1

Toyo you bounch from forum to forum like me haha
Old 10-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #52
Toyotech
Your Toyota Technician

Drives: 06 Cobalt SS/SC, 06 Rolla S
Send a message via AIM to Toyotech
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifthard1 View Post
Toyo you bounch from forum to forum like me haha

only like 25 or so..lol, mainly toyota/gm/ford/local forums :)
Old 10-01-2007, 03:43 PM   #53
2yoda xrs

Lightbulb

Quote:
no, you didn't mention the xrs & that's a problem because you're generalizing all corollas so i had to make a point that our stock girlie car corolla xrs will eat your modded yaris for breakfast & a tc for lunch (stock4stock or mod4mod)

where in the world did you get that (quote) "XRS is just a super-sized version of the stock and S versions. Its kind of like how an old gen xB just jumped into a new xB gen body"? so you thought an xrs is just a regular corolla with bodykit, e? (rotfl)

Quote:
wth r u talking about? ur blowing smokes bro. i tell u what, save urself the embarrassment & actually do research & get facts before commenting esp. about tc>xrs.

here's some facts regarding ur tc>xrs theory that u pulled out of ur a**:

your sleek 2 door tc weight: 2905 lbs.
my sluggish 4 door xrs weight: 2670 lbs.

whooping 235 lbs. difference! (ever heard of power to weight ratio?)

tc uses a camry engine 2AZ-FE (FE-fuel economy)
xrs uses the celica gts & lotus engine 2ZZ-GE

check this out XRS vs TC

Quote:
honda si $23,000 msrp
rolla xrs $17,000 msrp

check this out Si vs XRS

(5-6 g's difference, ofcourse with a little added money on the si comes a little added parts like LSD & a bigger engine) but even so, it's drivers race on si vs. xrs (older si's like the ep3's stock4stock & mod4mod...xrs will walk 'em)
har-har-har

wanna talk $30g's car...you have time to read on what i have to say about my g35?...

Quote:
send it!

word to the wise: to those of you backing this fool up, might wanna think twice & double check your facts. don't make a fool of yourself just agreeing without actually knowing
Old 10-01-2007, 03:50 PM   #54
2yoda xrs

...if there's something you should rag about our corollas is the lack of aftermarket support

...if only we could have the same support like hondas...
Closed Thread