Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-08-2007, 09:10 PM   #1
kamenriderstefmax
Watashi wa baka-sensei

Drives: On-the-way Yaris 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to kamenriderstefmax
Konnichiwa! Questions about Accessories!

Hello everyone! This is my first time visiting the forums. I am going to be purchasing a Yaris Lift back in a few days and wanted to know what to expect. I am a local motorcycle rider and this is going to be my first car purchase. The previous car I owned was a hand me down from my father and currently it's not holding up. Had to change a few things on it and now it is in the shop, being repaired so that I can trade it in. I was going for the racing feel for this car but since I am going to have it for a couple of years and since it's going to be my first purchase, I am going to make it look "good". I won't be touching the engine or adding any kind of turbo kits to it. The only thing I am changing performance wise is the muffler. I will be getting it in Blazing Blue Pearl. I do like the Meteorite Metallic though but we will see what my decision will be! At first I wasn't as hyped up about getting a Yaris but after viewing the boards, and seeing the parts they have for it I really don't mind doing so. Alas, thank you everyone and I am happy to join in on the fun!

These are the few items I plan to add on the Yaris. At first I didn't know the pricing but then I visited the Toyotascionparts.com web site and found the prices. I thought they were going to be a lot more. (I didn't include the guards and whatnot).

Mudguards (S, LB) - $73.00
Rear Spoiler (LB) - $177.00
TRD 18" Alloy Wheel (S, LB) - $330.00
TRD Sport Muffler (LB) - $399.00
Interior Light Kit (S, LB) - $185.00
Sport Pedals (S, LB) - $60.00
Sport Shifter Knob (S, LB) - $60.00

For the wheels/rims. I was thinking it would be better to purchase them with the car. Would this be the best decision? I already have an In-dash DVD/CD player system waiting for it and don't plan to purchase the Toyota player in it.

Any suggestions are welcome!
kamenriderstefmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
I don't like 18's on this car but if you do go for it. You are going to spend a ton of money on those TRD wheels though when you could have something kickass aftermarket. You can get all that stuff for cheaper and install yourself. I say do it that way. However if you are just some rich kid with a ton of money to blow go for it. Welcome to yarisworld. Have you located the car you want in your area or are you going to have to order it?
Old 05-08-2007, 10:55 PM   #3
kamenriderstefmax
Watashi wa baka-sensei

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post
I don't like 18's on this car but if you do go for it. You are going to spend a ton of money on those TRD wheels though when you could have something kickass aftermarket. You can get all that stuff for cheaper and install yourself. I say do it that way. However if you are just some rich kid with a ton of money to blow go for it. Welcome to yarisworld. Have you located the car you want in your area or are you going to have to order it?
I thought it would be a more money for the TRD wheels so I guess I may go aftermarket if the price isn't suitable. For some of the items, I have no problem grabbing from Toyota. Hehe, I'm a college student working full-time and just want something that won't give me problems and something to call my own. In general, I'm using the money that was supposed to be for a Ninja 650R that I have been stashing to the side since I actually do need the car.

I have used the dealer search and found a few with the settings but not everything. I may just have to order it but I will see when I go to check it out again in person.

Old 05-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
And especially do not get teh rear lip spoiler. Its very ugly.

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:06 PM   #5
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Check out spark's toyotas website for some of those genuine toyota accessories. I purchased my mudguards for mine from them and the price was below MSRP. I'm pretty sure they are one of the sponsors here. http://www.trdsparks.com/displaycate...ubmit=Continue...
They have all sorts of goodies at good prices that are genuine toyota parts. For example, the mudguards are only $25.25. The exhaust is only $319. I have both of those parts on my car and love it. I installed them both myself though to save some money. My dealer wanted 75 to install the mudguards. I might also recommend a tanabe strut tower bar, they can be found from one of the sites sponsors or ebay for less than $100, won't void your warranty, and will help enhance the handling of your ride. I'm sure you'll find this forum a great resource and that there are plenty of people to help ya out with info. Welcome and congrats on your future purchase!
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2007, 11:18 PM   #6
田中秀樹

Drives: SW20
貴方は「馬鹿先生」ですか。本当に。

日本人ですか。
田中秀樹 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 12:38 AM   #7
kamenriderstefmax
Watashi wa baka-sensei

私は日本へ外国人である。 私は大学の日本文化を調査し、日本語の少しを理解する。 私は混合された文化であり、やがて日本教授の英語の教師である。 私は冗談を言う様式に愚かな教師を置いた。 日本語は私が言う私の精神にある。

Old 05-09-2007, 01:19 AM   #8
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
German, American and Japanese.... 2 best car making car countrys in the world... German and Japanese of coarse....
Old 05-09-2007, 07:39 PM   #9
kaboom

Drives: 2007 silver yaris sedan
well...

[QUOTE=kamenriderstefmax;83686][SIZE="2"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Hello everyone! This is my first time visiting the forums. I am going to be purchasing a Yaris Lift back in a few days and wanted to know what to expect. I am a local motorcycle rider

I you are a bike rider, why not shoot at HONDA ? ( Fit fits best - no pun intended)
kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #10
kaboom

Drives: 2007 silver yaris sedan
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
German, American and Japanese.... 2 best car making car countrys in the world... German and Japanese of coarse....
and the third country is one of THREE countries in the whole world without universal health care....heeeeeeeha
kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2007, 09:36 PM   #11
kamenriderstefmax
Watashi wa baka-sensei

[QUOTE=kaboom;84098]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamenriderstefmax View Post
[SIZE="2"][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]Hello everyone! This is my first time visiting the forums. I am going to be purchasing a Yaris Lift back in a few days and wanted to know what to expect. I am a local motorcycle rider

I you are a bike rider, why not shoot at HONDA ? ( Fit fits best - no pun intended)
When it comes down to motorcycles, I am a fan of Kawasaki and Suzuki. Kawasaki in the beginning stages, Suzuki as a regular. As for Suzuki, I don't have the trust there for their cars. I was going to go with a Honda but civics are everywhere, aren't they? And are roughly the same price. I like the style of the Yaris a little more and because it's a smaller vehicle. When it comes to bikes / cars; it's two totally different ball games.

Last edited by kamenriderstefmax; 05-09-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:42 PM   #12
kamenriderstefmax
Watashi wa baka-sensei

When it comes down to the power packages, there is no way to get one without going with the MP3/CD player? I have my own CD/DVD player set a side for it. I guess I may have to ebay the bad boy.

The setups I know I will be getting are:

Anti-Lock Brakes System (ABS)
Electrochromic Mirror w/Compass
Fog Lamps
Toyoguard Plus Protection Group (I have AAA too)
Power Package with 15-in. Steel Wheels (I am going to get separate wheels because the ones that you can upgrade to are insanely over-priced. And once again, I mainly only want the power windows/locks, etc.)
All Weather Guard Pkge: Rear-Defroster

From then on, I will be separately purchasing/have:
Rear bumper protector
Rear Spoiler
Remote Keyless Entry System/Security system (I have the Directed Electronics Viper 2-Way Security System with Remote Start - Model: 791XVR)
Splashguards