Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #1
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
Unhappy How to get rid of sun spots?

I had the upper part of my bra on my car like this:

and today I took it off and washed it and there are huge patches of lighter paint that appears to have been faded or burnt or something?
I had washed it once at a car wash with the bra on, so maybe some soap has gotten under there and faded the paint or left a bad residue???
It has also been very cold and icy here so maybe some ice got under there and froze the paint? (LOL)

I also went to autozone and they said it was the black bra heating up in the sun that caused the spots.

I have tried one coat of turtle wax and no luck.

I just dont understand.... I had this bra on there for a whole summer and this is the first time that this has happened to me???? :(

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Well thats what happens during time I am sure it will go away. Just make sure you keep on treating it. It will be OK
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 04:49 PM   #3
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
So you've taken it off before and the paint was fine? Is it possible that the bra has stretched a bit and flutters in the wind causing abrasion to the paint? Do you have any pics?
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #4
YAR1S

I will post pics tomorrow. It only shows up in direct sunlight... its very odvious. It doesnt show up in the shade however.

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
Old 02-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #5
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Is it a whitish milky stain? If yes I may be able to help you.

Keep in mind that washing the car with the bra on or even just the rain may cause some moisture to get trapped under the clear coat; something similar happened to me with few magnets that I use on my doors. It will go away but you need to do the following procedure:

-Take some rubbing alcohol and wipe off the affected area with a cotton towel, this will remove any wax that is on the surface and this will help the moisture to be released.

-Get a spray bottle and mist the affected area leave the sprayed water on, repeat every 30 min or so, the idea is to keep the surface wet. Continue spraying water for 3 or more days and continue this process until you see the stain is gone I recommend doing this during nighttime so the sprayed water will not evaporate too fast, carry with you the spray bottle so any time you have chance you can spray it, make sure your car is on the shade if you do it during the day. Once it’s gone apply some wax to seal that area, and always make sure that there is no moisture trapped between the Bra and the paint.

I was desperate of looking at my car doors like that, I tried paint cleaner, wax cleaner and didn’t work until I tried spraying water.

I don't really know what’s the explanation but it works maybe there are tiny pores in the clear coat and that surface must stay wet in order to release the trapped moisture underneath.

I Hope this helps!
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
YAR1S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas13 View Post
Is it a whitish milky stain? If yes I may be able to help you.

Keep in mind that washing the car with the bra on or even just the rain may cause some moisture to get trapped under the clear coat; something similar happened to me with few magnets that I use on my doors. It will go away but you need to do the following procedure:

-Take some rubbing alcohol and wipe off the affected area with a cotton towel, this will remove any wax that is on the surface and this will help the moisture to be released.

-Get a spray bottle and mist the affected area leave the sprayed water on, repeat every 30 min or so, the idea is to keep the surface wet. Continue spraying water for 3 or more days and continue this process until you see the stain is gone I recommend doing this during nighttime so the sprayed water will not evaporate too fast, carry with you the spray bottle so any time you have chance you can spray it, make sure your car is on the shade if you do it during the day. Once it’s gone apply some wax to seal that area, and always make sure that there is no moisture trapped between the Bra and the paint.

I was desperate of looking at my car doors like that, I tried paint cleaner, wax cleaner and didn’t work until I tried spraying water.

I don't really know what’s the explanation but it works maybe there are tiny pores in the clear coat and that surface must stay wet in order to release the trapped moisture underneath.

I Hope this helps!

yes its a milky pale colour.... I will post some pics and definately try this!
very many thanks!

Quote:
Old 02-15-2010, 01:28 AM   #7
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
You are Welcome! I look forward to see the pictures once you post them I’m sure it’s the same problem I had, if it worked on my Yaris should work in yours!!! Good luck with that!
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote