Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #19
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Wow, I guess some people live sheltered lives if they have never been exposed to bodily fluids like this. Sure, no one wants it to happen; but it is natural after all.

Personally, I would opt for a professional cleaning. I've worked in a hospital and have seen these kinds of "spills" before. I wouldn't expect the hospital janitorial staff to know how to deal with a car upholstery; I would go to someone who specializes in that. Most likely they’ve cleaned up vomit out of cars, and if they can get rid of that, they can get rid of embryonic fluid!

And congrats on the new addition to the extended family! Are you the aunt or what?

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 AM   #20
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiirenet View Post
Eweweweweweww! If I was pregnant and due soon I would just sit in the bathtub or something lol. I would have some courtesy for the cars or houses I might.. uh, dirty. . Ew!

Er... you do know that pregnant women can give birth anytime, and that the delivery date is just an estimated date, right?

The thought of having all pregnant women sit in a bathtub for the last 2 months of their pregnancy "just in case" made me laugh so hard, thanks for that, I really needed the laugh today

(I'm just messing with you, don't worry )
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:42 AM   #21
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
Haha I know I know. I'm sure many pregnant women would love if there was a set date the baby popped out right? Still, I can't help feeling if I was present at a waterbreak there would be much ewing involved. Especially is it was MY baby, my car. Poor car!
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:56 AM   #22
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
That's it, I'm off these forums for good

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #23
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
lol, were you guys never born? just dropped on the doorstep by a stork?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #24
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
lol, i find nothing gross about this thread.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:35 PM   #25
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Can't lie, I'd throw that seat out. Rather sit on a milk crate instead.
Yeah, that is pretty goss.....
Glad mother and child are doing well though....

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #26
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I think I'd rather have amniotic fluid on my seat than service dude sweat and BO...
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #27
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
lol, were you guys never born? just dropped on the doorstep by a stork?

Well, yeah, actually, that's what my parents told me!
Attached Images
File Type: gif baby15.gif (6.2 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by tomato; 04-10-2009 at 02:04 PM. Reason: forgot pic
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:11 AM   #28
jlbm2004

Drives: Yaris
hey I am new here and I just stumbled across this site. I clean carpets for my summer job, and I get quite a few blood/bodily fluid stains. An experienced carpet cleaner/upholstery cleaner will know what to do. A peroxide base cleaner seems to work best. And as others had said it will cost you some money, but it should be clean when all is done. I would also ask if they guarantee their work..just an idea.
jlbm2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 04:32 AM   #29
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbm2004 View Post
hey I am new here and I just stumbled across this site. I clean carpets for my summer job, and I get quite a few blood/bodily fluid stains. An experienced carpet cleaner/upholstery cleaner will know what to do. A peroxide base cleaner seems to work best. And as others had said it will cost you some money, but it should be clean when all is done. I would also ask if they guarantee their work..just an idea.
Wouldn't the peroxide bleach the black fabric? As far as the rest it wouldn't bother me at all to sit in it after it was cleaned... I'm sure I've touched worse having dogs and cats around and a child who gets sick sometimes... (oh yea not to mention the few times I've slept in sleazy motels... God knows what's in those mattresses )

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell

Last edited by CtrlAltDefeat; 04-15-2009 at 01:09 AM. Reason: typo patrol
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #30
jlbm2004

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
Wouldn't the peroxide bleach the black fabric? As far as the rest it wouldn't bother me at all to sit in it after it was cleaned... I'm sure I've touched worse having dogs and cats around and a child who gets sick sometimes... (oh yea not to mention the few times I've slept it sleazy motels... God knows what's in those mattresses )
Haha...ya mattresses can be bad. No, peroxide based cleaners normally dont bleach fabrics, but it is important to test it first in an inconspicuous spot. I use simple hydrogen peroxide to get blood out of my clothes, but then again it gets rinsed quickly and I only normally do it on white clothes. As for the Yaris I have never tested peroxide cleaners. But I have cleaned other cars with a strong 2 stage cleaner called "stain-magic". It works on biological stains/organic stains really well such as blood.
jlbm2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2009, 09:05 PM   #31
blktiger60

Drives: `08 HB S
It might be prudent, although probably a bit off putting for the female, to put a large bath towel down for her to sit on if she's that close to term.

If you had a $5000 leather sofa would you not do that for it ?
Seriously, when the kids come in from running thru the sprinkler what do you tell them ? And thats just plain ole clean water.