Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-18-2007, 08:24 PM   #1
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
Lightbulb JUST READ THIS...

OKAY! this is about the 1300cc Suzuki GSX-R Hayabusa.

My friend told me that his co-worker bought a turbo modded 1300cc Busa for 12K USD, and pumps out up to 590+HP they dynoed it but my freakin Idiot friend didnt take pictures or better, videos of the session.

The thing I want to know is, how come our 1NZs have 1497cc's and cant get more than 200 with a turbo? HOW COME?

Some dude should figure out how to make our Yaris' like f**kin fast "R" bikes?

BUT YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT....
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 09:40 PM   #2
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
Swap your motor for the 1.3 busa lump That's my plan
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #3
magoo_lc1

Drives: honda civic hatch
Its funny that you mention that. I have been into suzuki swift gt for years and got my best freind into them. He is building a suzuki samurai with a busa motor and it will be chain driven still and with the sequential type shifter . He has a turbo metro convertible that runs 12s all day long.

The influence of peers on individual behavior illustrates the seductive power of conformity

And, I don't mind at all being looked down upon by purists. Indeed I don't mind at all being looked down upon by those whom I do not look up to at
magoo_lc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:01 PM   #4
forpinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by magoo_lc1 View Post
Its funny that you mention that. I have been into suzuki swift gt for years and got my best freind into them. He is building a suzuki samurai with a busa motor and it will be chain driven still and with the sequential type shifter . He has a turbo metro convertible that runs 12s all day long.
He is building a suzuki samurai with a busa motor and it will be chain driven still and with the sequential type shifter . He has a turbo metro convertible that runs 12s all day

COOL! I WANT TO TRY OFF-ROADING WITH SOMETHING LIKE THAT!!!

and what do you mean by running 12s? is it 12K RPM?, I should've took that Samurai with no wheels that my neighbor wanted to give me, but I turned it down coz I'm "low on dough" for insurance... so he just sold it to a scrap yard for $450...

BTW: I saw some cars at "Disney/MGM studios at Disney World" that has a bored to 1500cc Busa engine for their Operl Corsa and Speedster STUNT CARS.... I think its turboed with the (hiss) sound from it...

Old 02-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #5
Biggie™

Drives: '07 3 Door Yaris of Doom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by forpinks View Post
and what do you mean by running 12s? is it 12K RPM?
When someone says something is "running in the" or "running" 18's, 12's, 9's or whatever, they are referring to drag racing and the time it took the car to travel from a dead stop to the end of one quarter mile.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
forpinks

thats pretty fast for a Suzuki Swift... but not a Skyline or something with 270+HP and up to 3000lbs...

Old 02-19-2007, 11:45 PM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Why can't we do that with our engines?

Well the design of the engines is completely different... Because of the light weight of a bike and rider, low-end torque is not so important, so the engines are basically tweaked from the factory for the high-end of the rev range. And they are finely tuned and balanced engines capable of over 10,000 RPM. At this kind of engine speed and with a properly prepared engine and turbo you can create monstrous peak horsepower. Please note that's PEAK horsepower... at lower RPMs your engine would struggle to get the car moving, so you'd have to drive at all times with your engine revving hard, to get any kind of good response.

So, you could theoretically do the same with our little 1NZ-FEs, it's gonna cost more than a lot, and you'll end up with a car that's basically only good for drag racing.

If my memory serves me well, back in the 80's Honda's F1 cars used 1.5L turbocharged engines that gave out over 1000 horsepower.

Cliche'd as it sounds, if you want overall performance in the low end and high end, there's no replacement for displacement.

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:01 AM   #8
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
You wan to see a little car with a busa engine in it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5S1NAMnYKM
Old 02-20-2007, 12:32 AM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
nice...
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 02:30 AM   #10
forpinks

all I can say is DAMN!

Old 02-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #11
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post

Well the design of the engines is completely different... Because of the light weight of a bike and rider, low-end torque is not so important, so the engines are basically tweaked from the factory for the high-end of the rev range. And they are finely tuned and balanced engines capable of over 10,000 RPM. At this kind of engine speed and with a properly prepared engine and turbo you can create monstrous peak horsepower. Please note that's PEAK horsepower... at lower RPMs your engine would struggle to get the car moving, so you'd have to drive at all times with your engine revving hard, to get any kind of good response.

So, you could theoretically do the same with our little 1NZ-FEs, it's gonna cost more than a lot, and you'll end up with a car that's basically only good for drag racing.

If my memory serves me well, back in the 80's Honda's F1 cars used 1.5L turbocharged engines that gave out over 1000 horsepower.

Cliche'd as it sounds, if you want overall performance in the low end and high end, there's no replacement for displacement.
that about sums it up.
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:16 PM   #12
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
hayabusa

hayabusa is a bike bro not the swift....hehehehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by forpinks View Post
thats pretty fast for a Suzuki Swift... but not a Skyline or something with 270+HP and up to 3000lbs...
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:52 PM   #13
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post

Excellent expanation
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:59 PM   #14
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
some of these bikes also need engine rebuilds in the 50-60k mile range. With that much grunt I can imagine it would be half that.
imagine rebuilding the drivetrain in your car every two plus years.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:29 PM   #15
forpinks

Talking

^ thats still cheaper than putting an F1 race engine in.... hehe! how much would
| it cost though??? I wonder...

Old 02-21-2007, 08:29 PM   #16
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Hehehe anyone remember the Renault Espace F1? Freaking family minivan with an actual F1 V10 engine in it... madness!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg espaceF1.jpg (16.4 KB, 21 views)

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote