Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2015, 01:08 AM   #1
Maranda
Newcomer

Drives: Yaris 2007 HB
Exclamation Problem with rear brakes (wheels fixed at 50%)

Hello,

I changed the rear brake shoes before yesterday on my **wonderful** Yaris 2007. (drum)
Subsequently I did a test drive...and all **seemed** to operate normally (brake, hand brake, etc.).

Today, I had a few errands to do (until then no problem).

I stop at a traffic light and trying to get away, I noticed that my rear brakes seem to be frozen (the rear wheels spinning, but very very difficult).
I return to my home (±700m) and when I parked, I pulled on the parking brake and I have no resistance (except the 7th click).
The oil level is good, the foot pedal to a normal position, the parking brake does not seem to be behaving normally, and the rear wheels have too much resistance, the wheels turn hard)

So I'd like to resolve this issue before you get behind the wheel, what is it can be?
What to check first and how?

What could explain this sudden problem?

Thank you in advance for your help!
Maranda is offline   Reply With Quote