Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-05-2015, 03:49 AM   #1
Dallaz

Drives: Yaris 2007 D40
Yaris 2007 Battery and Diesel filter warning lights in cold weather

Hi, first post here :)

I bought a used Yaris 2007 D4D some months ago, and I have noticed a strange issue. When the temprature goes below about 5 negative celsius (23 F) the battery and diesel filter warning lights both flicker and/or stay on almost fully lit for about 15-20 minutes before they both go away.

I read on the forum that someone suggested to check a fuse in the engine room if the battery light is flickering, but I haven't managed to find that one (even if i looked around in there with a torch). I also read that there might be a problem with the alternator...

Some observations:
- Doesn't seem to have something to do with engine being cold or not.
- The two lights are only showing at the same time, not just one of them.
- Battery seems just fine
- in warmer weather the two warning lights flicker for some seconds about 30 seconds after the car is started and then go away.

I have been thinking about ordering a used alternator online and get the local mecanic to replace it since I'm not that used to working on cars myself... But right now I don't really know if the alternator is the culprit.

Any suggestions?
Dallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 03:28 AM   #2
Dallaz

Drives: Yaris 2007 D40
The cold time of the year again.... bumping this :)
Dallaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #3
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
the filter is to remove water from fuel im thinking if filter is full at low temp it freezes , i know that when i used a Ford with a diesel engine it had a filter that i had to drain or i would have problems ...in winter times if i did not put the truck on heater over night it would not turn over with temp below -20 .
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote