Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #19
RocknRollRon

Drives: '07 Yaris LB, White (The Egg)
Hmmmm....I thinking about it - but what about the damn "restocking fee"...these guys get 15% don't they?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:13 PM   #20
meteoriteyaris

Drives: 2007 Meteorite metallic
I just installed my fogs today using Black Yaris's picture. Like he said, don't cut the brown plug off the wire nor the one on the red wire. I used a dremel cutoff tool and split the plug on the red wire and pulled the clip out of the plug. It plugs right into the place he indicated in the pic. On the brown plug I cut the plug-release off and the rest of the brown plug plugged into the indicated place in the pic. It got dark tonight and I'll finish it tomorrow. Still have to tie up some wires, hook up the one ground wire and run the final wire under the console to the switch, then put all the plastic back together again. Taking my time and should be done before noon.

Side note, I don't know what options Black Yaris has on his Yaris, but mine did not have the factory plugs for any of the fog light wiring. I don't have the "power option" (power windows, cruise control, power locks), so maybe only cars with that option have the wiring harness that he found. Also, I noted that most (all?) of you are wiring the fog lights so they can be "on" when either your high-beams or low-beams are lit. I did that, too, but against my better judgement. You can't buy a vehicle that operates that way with factory fog lights, and I don't know why unless it's against the law. But all factory ones turn off the fog lights when the high-beams are on. I was going to do that also, but decided that Ron's instructions were easier and I didn't have to run the white wire back outside and splice it to the low-beam wire. I did try to find a plug-in on the "block" that only came on with the low beams, but couldn't find one. If anybody finds a quick plug for that, some of us would appreciate an easy way to hook them up correctly.

By the way, I bought a pair of the chrome fog light bezels from Japan (direct from Hong Kong) and they don't even come close to fitting, so don't waste your money (Ebay). Still gotta mount and wire the Tach yet (Glowshift white-faced 7-color 3 3/4" one). The instructions say "Red wire to Battery, Black to ground, Green to tach wire and white to lighting" But my tach has 3 long wires in a harness (Red,Black,Green) and 3 short (6" long) wires, Red, Black, and Yellow. Trying to find out where they all go, but Glowshift isn't answering their email. I'll post that problem on the Tachometer thread and see what happens.

Meteoriteyaris
US Model 2007 Yaris Meteorite Metallic
Fogs, Tach, Altezza black tail lights, side graphics, tinted windows, shorty antenna, sport shifter, short-throw shifter, hood gas strut, pedal covers, woodgrained dash, outside temp gauge, cruise control, chrome spoke hubcaps, rear spoiler, clear grill bra/rockshield, mud flaps, TRD muffler, K&N and re-routed air intake, retracting windshield sunshade, sirius radio, GPS, trailer hitch.

Last edited by meteoriteyaris; 08-09-2007 at 12:08 PM.
meteoriteyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #21
acdaazn

Drives: Toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoriteyaris View Post
By the way, I bought a pair of the chrome fog light bezels from Japan (direct from Hong Kong) and they don't even come close to fitting, so don't waste your money (Ebay).
This came up a few times already. RedYaris tried all of them i think, and the mirror and fogs didn't fit.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:31 PM   #22
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by meteoriteyaris View Post
I just installed my fogs today using RocknRollRons picture. Like he said, don't cut the brown plug off the wire nor the one on the red wire. I used a dremel cutoff tool and split the plug on the red wire and pulled the clip out of the plug. It plugs right into the place he indicated in the pic. On the brown plug I cut the plug-release off and the rest of the brown plug plugged into the indicated place in the pic. It got dark tonight and I'll finish it tomorrow. Still have to tie up some wires, hook up the one ground wire and run the final wire under the console to the switch, then put all the plastic back together again. Taking my time and should be done before noon.

Side note, I don't know what options RocknRollRon has on his Yaris, but mine did not have the factory plugs for any of the fog light wiring. I don't have the "power option" (power windows, cruise control, power locks), so maybe only cars with that option have the wiring harness that he found. Also, I noted that most (all?) of you are wiring the fog lights so they can be "on" when either your high-beams or low-beams are lit. I did that, too, but against my better judgement. You can't buy a vehicle that operates that way with factory fog lights, and I don't know why unless it's against the law. But all factory ones turn off the fog lights when the high-beams are on. I was going to do that also, but decided that Ron's instructions were easier and I didn't have to run the white wire back outside and splice it to the low-beam wire. I did try to find a plug-in on the "block" that only came on with the low beams, but couldn't find one. If anybody finds a quick plug for that, some of us would appreciate an easy way to hook them up correctly.
Thanks for giving credit to RocknRoll, read who made those post on what you just did.... that was me, and my picture.... Grrr
Old 08-09-2007, 12:35 AM   #23
DMart
same amount of posts lol

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic LB
lol, thats messed up
DMart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 11:50 AM   #24
meteoriteyaris

Drives: 2007 Meteorite metallic
OOOOOOOps, you're right. I'm sorry. I've read so many posts that I got them mixed up! unintentional. OK, listen up you guys....Black Yaris deserves the KUDOS. Re-read my last post and insert the name Black Yaris instead of RocknRollRon and then we'll have it straight (smile). Sorry pal.
meteoriteyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #25
RocknRollRon

Hey Guys - I agree that Black Yaris has been a great help! (I may end up doing the install his way also!)

Here's what I've been doing to get the Toyota install instructions: I saw my local Toyota dealer and he was willing to get me the Fog light instructions. He told me that the instructions DO NOT actually come with the unit - the technicians have to go online and login to get the instrcutions. I told him I was thinking of getting the factory fog lights but wanted to see the install instructions first. When the techinican went to retrieve the instructions all he found was the same drawings and electrical stuff we have in the manual downloads...apparently (they told me) Toyota has not made a formal instruction yet for the install... hmmm....

Has anyone out there ACTUALLY bought the Toyota foglights as an accessory (after purchase) yet?

The dealer told me that keep looking into it and would get me any info they could find...more to come...
Old 08-10-2007, 02:35 PM   #26
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Mark, that has to be the best advice you ever posted up! Thanks.

Be sure to wire in an In-Line fuse of some sorts, unless that circuit has something on the lower pannel behind?
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:04 AM   #27
RocknRollRon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoche View Post
Wow, thanks Yoyoche!

The closet these come to mine is the 2005 with and without pre-wiring but this might still do. I haven't looked at in detail but I wonder if the Daytime Running lights are covered in here. (I think the U.S. version of the Yaris runs wiring through the DRL module)....I check it out!!!
Old 08-13-2007, 09:16 AM   #28
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoche View Post
I think this like is one of the best finds ever
Old 08-13-2007, 09:08 PM   #29
RocknRollRon

Dilemma, dilemma....

The Toyota install instructions from Europe are certainly well worth looking at, however, neither of the 2005 "pre-wired" or "non-wired" are a perfect match for the Jimcat fog lights I just received and my 2007 U.S. Liftback. The wiring harnesses Jimcat provides is different (although great quality) than the Yaris European install instructions show; they are for European vehicle code P90* and P90L.

(I was hoping for a plug-and-play, factory-type install. I was going to execute the factory-type fog light install and create complete DIY instructions for everyone but I'll have to do just a bit more homework before attempting this.)

Maybe at this point I'm sounding a bit greedy - but - can anyone find a 2006 or 2007 version that covers US and/or Canadian Yaris versions?

This is YarisWorls afterall - this would be the place post requests, find hard-to-find stuff, and share install information. If I can find a close version I'll do all the DIY instructions in detail for all....
Old 08-30-2007, 08:42 AM   #30
RocknRollRon

Ok Yaris owners...We've found the European fog light install, we have the "YarisWorld" install version, and we have lots of electrical diagrams and illustrations....all great info....but...

Don't give up on the US Toyota Fog light install instructions, they are due to come out!

Anyone find them yet?
Old 09-21-2007, 12:39 PM   #31
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
When I got my car in march 07 I wanted them to install fog lights for me, as the car didnt come with any. they told me they couldnt not as they would have to order everythign as a seperate part and it would costs like $400 as there was no official after the factory fog light kit. so I dont think that there is a fog light kit unless your car comes with it from the factory, at least as of march 07.
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 06:28 PM   #32
Ninorc
Doh!

Drives: Black Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via AIM to Ninorc Send a message via MSN to Ninorc
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
When I got my car in march 07 I wanted them to install fog lights for me, as the car didnt come with any. they told me they couldnt not as they would have to order everythign as a seperate part and it would costs like $400 as there was no official after the factory fog light kit. so I dont think that there is a fog light kit unless your car comes with it from the factory, at least as of march 07.
Correct! This is at least with the '07 Yaris that come in at the SET port!

The SET region does NOT have a fog light kit that they install on the US Yaris.

My point? If it does not already have factory fog lights from when the car was built in Japan. Your out of luck unless you go with an aftermarket solution!

Now I can get a simelar car (Scion xD) fog light kit install directions and see where the wiring goes. As I believe the xD and the Yaris have the exact same fuse box. (I will check on this on Monday)

Why ALL the Scion fog lights are installed here? I do not know. Probably the same reason why the radios are installed here. Which I don't know either.
Ninorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #33
pp.sweet

Drives: Red Yaris HatchBack
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
$400 bucks..are the freakin MAD!!!

wELCOME TO oUR wORLD..
pp.sweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:46 PM   #34
ufocar
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Hey quick fyi.. I have a 2008 yaris and my first 3k mile oil change I asked the dealership how much it would be to get fog lights.. they said they would need to check to see if the car was wired... the came back and said it was not and basicly said it would cost 750 dollars to install fog lights.. lol
ufocar is offline   Reply With Quote