Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
What do you guys know about running these speakers to an amp?
Old 09-15-2011, 09:33 PM   #20
andruboz
boohachimono

Drives: 07 hb
Send a message via AIM to andruboz
what i recall from my dynamat installation...
all the clips on my panels were easy except the blue one at the bottom. i mangled the one on the drivers side and completely broke the one on the passenger side.
andruboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 12:53 AM   #21
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
did it cause much rattling? im gonna do an install tomorrow, but am a noob at wiring
Old 01-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #22
yojabbajabba

Drives: 2008 YRS 5Dr LB (1.5L)
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.S.P View Post
Well, I decided to upgrade my rear speakers since I got a couple of Sony for the front and needed to match the power but add a little more bass.

First, look at the tabs' diagram so you will know what you will encounter when pulling the panel away from the car's body. You don' need to remove the rear seat or the weatherproof trim to pull the panel apart, just use patience, common sense and have a beer next to you and the process will be painless.

Keep this in mind, in the middle of the panel there is a pressure tab blue in color that is not pictured in the diagram; be careful not to break it. Place one hand on the inside of the panel to feel the tabs that you can't see; don't just yank the panel off. Once the panel is off you will see that there is a lot of room for even a sub woofer in that space, you can use several sizes of speakers on the stock location, as long as you have the appropriate brackets, you might have to drill new holes for some applications. I used the brackets provided with my Alpine speakers and had to drill three new holes for the new brackets. Since the stock speakers have a special connector you might have to cut the wires. No biggie; once you see what the stock speakers are made of you will know you'll not use them again!
Do this process in reverse to reinstall the panel and there you go! Enjoy the new sound!!!!
Can someone please confirm whether this is a 3dr or 5dr Liftback? If it's a 3dr, then im guessing the speaker is mounted not on the door, but on the inner panel (which explains how you can fit a 6.5") - I have yet to pull off the panels of my rear doors, but i'm hoping I can fit a 6.5" in there :)

Thanks in advance!

I'd like to put 6.5" in the rear doors of my '08 5dr liftback
yojabbajabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:22 PM   #23
whoknows89

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3 dr liftback
its a 3dr liftback
whoknows89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:06 PM   #24
TPA5
Wait, what?

Drives: NULL
Bit of a thread-o-namcy, but I was wondering something. On the stock speaker there are two wires that run into a white connector. This white connector then plugs into the stock speaker. If I have coaxial speakers, do I need to run new speakers wires from the headunit to the new speakers? Or can I cut that white connector off, and splice the new metal clips for the coaxial speaker on them?

Thanks!
TPA5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #25
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPA5 View Post
Bit of a thread-o-namcy, but I was wondering something. On the stock speaker there are two wires that run into a white connector. This white connector then plugs into the stock speaker. If I have coaxial speakers, do I need to run new speakers wires from the headunit to the new speakers? Or can I cut that white connector off, and splice the new metal clips for the coaxial speaker on them?

Thanks!
Technically it is always nice to run some thicker wires (like gauge 14) but using the existing ones will also do the job. The method you are asking for will totally work. In case your coaxials have external crossover networks make sure to run signgal to the crossovers (your speaker manual will include the wiring diagram..)
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 01:02 AM   #26
yaris4062007

Drives: 07 BB yaris / 06 Mustang Gt
nice :)
yaris4062007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:10 PM   #27
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
on a side note for people who do an installation and didn't get mounting brackets - take the stock speaker, remove the actual speaker from the plastic, trim the tall "wall" that goes around the back, remove the tabs on the front so it's flat, flip the whole thing around, and mount it backwards.lot of work, but they fit pretty snug. i'll try to dig up some photo's so what I said makes sense, lol....

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 10:37 AM   #28
Alain93

Drives: Yaris 12
Sorry to bring back memories but I going to upgrade back drivers on my 2012 2 doors and nobody talked about the deadening of this area. What have you done with the giant hole under the speakers?
Alain93 is offline   Reply With Quote