Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-25-2018, 08:10 PM   #1
TYaris2010

Drives: 2010 Yaris
suggestion on mudflaps / splash guards for 2010 Yaris Sedan?

I see lots of cheap ones on Ebay but do not want to 'drill' into my fender to install.

I see OEM toyota ones and ordered them off Amazon ($30ish) but now got an email they are no longer in stock (?) and all other sellers there are twice the price of Amazon.

Any suggestions on which to get that are somewhat cheap and will hold up? without 'drilling' holes in my vehicle?

Also do not want them super long so they hit the ground if the car bounces in a pothole or through deep snow.

splash / mudguards thanks.

TYaris2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Not sure about the sedan but I got OEM mudflaps from a local Toyota dealership for my hatchback and they required drilling into the rear bumper.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 08:16 PM   #3
TYaris2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
Not sure about the sedan but I got OEM mudflaps from a local Toyota dealership for my hatchback and they required drilling into the rear bumper.
thanks. you mean drilling into the plastic bumper? or the metal part?
Old 03-27-2018, 06:28 AM   #4
mrpj

Drives: 2014 Icon+ 1.33l Multidrive
It requires 2 x 2mm diameter holes drilling into the plastic of the bumper for the rear mudflaps, into which the supplied screws (Philips type head) are fitted. The positions are marked by small dimples in the plastic. There's also a trim clip (centre push pin type) to remove underneath, refitted through the mudflap to secure. Best to remove the rear wheel for drilling access.
The front are secured by two hex. head (10mm socket or spanner) screws, should be supplied. The holes are already there, I think, in the plastic wheel arch protector shield. So no drilling required.
Illustrative fitting instructions are supplied with the Toyota mudflaps. I would advise buying the genuine article.
Just be careful tightening into plastic.
mrpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:01 AM   #5
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpj View Post
It requires 2 x 2mm diameter holes drilling into the plastic of the bumper for the rear mudflaps, into which the supplied screws (Philips type head) are fitted. The positions are marked by small dimples in the plastic. There's also a trim clip (centre push pin type) to remove underneath, refitted through the mudflap to secure. Best to remove the rear wheel for drilling access.
The front are secured by two hex. head (10mm socket or spanner) screws, should be supplied. The holes are already there, I think, in the plastic wheel arch protector shield. So no drilling required.
Illustrative fitting instructions are supplied with the Toyota mudflaps. I would advise buying the genuine article.
What he said

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 08:41 PM   #6
TYaris2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpj View Post
thanks, agreed on OEM. Will re-reference your post once I get a set and go to install...still too cold to be in the garage here pulling tires yet. Thanks again.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:11 AM   #7
TYaris2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYaris2010 View Post
I see lots of cheap ones on Ebay but do not want to 'drill' into my fender to install.

I see OEM toyota ones and ordered them off Amazon ($30ish) but now got an email they are no longer in stock (?) and all other sellers there are twice the price of Amazon.

Any suggestions on which to get that are somewhat cheap and will hold up? without 'drilling' holes in my vehicle?

Also do not want them super long so they hit the ground if the car bounces in a pothole or through deep snow.

splash / mudguards thanks.

OEM flaps I ordered off Amazon came in....just going to run w/ those.