Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-28-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
gudboi182
lovedrunk

Drives: vios 07
are all bride and recaro seats can be used in yaris sedan 07?

i know a stupid question. lol

Last edited by gudboi182; 02-28-2012 at 06:03 AM.
gudboi182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
vten

Drives: red bare bone yaris hb 3dr
I believe so , it just depends on how much are you wiling to spend ... All you need is just make the custom seat bracket to mount the seat to your car .
vten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
You'd be well advised to contact MicroImageOnline (board sponsor) they can help

in the meantime (from my research because I'm also thinking about seats) this is what I think is involved.

wedge engineering (or similar) brackets bolt to the unibody / then you can bolt a universal slider mechanism to those brackets (like the recaro or sparco sliders) / then you bolt the seat (with its own brackets) to the sliders

Someone who has done it differently, or has another recommendation please advise .....................
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #4
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
You can also connect Wedge brackets directly to the seats, but most people want the slider capability. You can also get height adjustment front.rear with the brackets, depends on which ones you order.

We can take care of the whole thing for you, it's what we do. :)
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
3cyltrbo

Drives: MR2 Spyd/Type R/Yaris/Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
You can also connect Wedge brackets directly to the seats, but most people want the slider capability. You can also get height adjustment front.rear with the brackets, depends on which ones you order.

We can take care of the whole thing for you, it's what we do. :)
so was I right?

wedge bracket to the unibody -- then sliders to the wedge engineering brackets -- then recaro or other seat bracket to the sliders????

Also, what did you do in order to keep the OEM seatbelts when you put your Brides in? / did you re-use the OEM seatbelt and bolt it to the Bride or the Unibody 0f the car?

Will
3cyltrbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
The Wedge brackets will include a hole to bolt the inside seat belt in (the female part). The outside seat belt hole is obviously on the frame.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote