Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #1
david_827

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
How did you discover YarisWorld?

Just out of curiosity, how did you guys find this place?

Personally for me it started with a google search, i was having issues with my keyless entry and googled how to fix the key and came across CTScott's solution to someone else having the same problem, i tried his solution and it worked. After looking at the info available on this site, i was hooked and joined that same day.

So fellow yaris worlders, how did YOU find this treasure trove?
david_827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #2
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I found this place back in early 2006 while trying to find out more about the Yaris. IIRC It was just before they were being sold in the US. I wanted to get a DD to replace my 8mpg DD. Of all the compacts at the time, the Yaris was definitely the best looking. It's been the only place for me to find information since!

I got my '07 Sedan around Aug/Sept of '06. I ordered it before then but it took a couple of months for the dealership to find the color and options I wanted. Not sure about how they are being sold now, but back then you couldn't order one with what you wanted you had to either take what you can get or hope one would be coming off the boat with what you wanted. Denver had very few at that time. Best little car I have ever owned! I have only had to do oil changes, shocks, struts, tires since. Still running on the original battery, lol. I was surprised when I was under the Yaris a couple of months ago the underside still looks brand new.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #3
mirapatec

Drives: 2012 Yaris L, 2020 Yaris LE HB
I found YarisWorld via a Google search when I was researching which vehicle to purchase. I have lurked here for a while reading the posts and making notes. When I chose to purchase my new Yaris, I also figured it would be a good idea to register and participate in the forum.

mirapatec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
When the price of gas started going crazy in 2008 I decided that I needed something more efficient (I was driving a 2005 Nissan Xterra and a 1998 Subaru Forrester at the time). I started off looking at diesels and hybrids, but found that the prices were too high relative to the cost savings. In the process of searching for the most fuel efficient gas vehicle I accidentally stumbled upon YarisWorld.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #5
seth_man

Drives: 08 Liftback
i was a die hard subaru guy and had a couple wrx's. Since tuning/repairing/racing subuars is always expensive i started looking for something cheap. one day i came across this pic on NASIOC, somebody else was talking about cheap daily drivers. that was the start for me.

seth_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
Yaristeve

Drives: 3-door hatch
I "discovered" the Yaris through the first Toyota commercials that featured the quivering pink piggy bank back in 2006 or so. I decided I wanted a Yaris since then (the power of advertising, eh?). I even picked up a few of those rubber piggy banks at one of the ToyotaFest car shows (Toyota used to bring really great swag to the ToyotaFest, before the Great Recession). Like most things, once I got interested, I Googled "Yaris" to get more information and found this website. Then I bought my Yaris in 2010...
Yaristeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I discovered Yarisworld back in mid 06 when I knew that I was going to be doing something with buying a Yaris to replace my 96 Tercel. The rest is history. I was pretty active from the beginning and now that I think about it was already at a post count around 5k pre-hack and that was never any fluff posts in a year and a half's time roughly. Huh, I guess I really have dialed back now that I look at it.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:21 PM   #8
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by sroberts View Post
I found this place back in early 2006 while trying to find out more about the Yaris. IIRC It was just before they were being sold in the US. I wanted to get a DD to replace my 8mpg DD. Of all the compacts at the time, the Yaris was definitely the best looking. It's been the only place for me to find information since!

I got my '07 Sedan around Aug/Sept of '06. I ordered it before then but it took a couple of months for the dealership to find the color and options I wanted. Not sure about how they are being sold now, but back then you couldn't order one with what you wanted you had to either take what you can get or hope one would be coming off the boat with what you wanted. Denver had very few at that time. Best little car I have ever owned! I have only had to do oil changes, shocks, struts, tires since. Still running on the original battery, lol. I was surprised when I was under the Yaris a couple of months ago the underside still looks brand new.

I actually remember a lot of your posts back then about how enthusiastic you were to get yours. I was one of the lucky ones that got mine just about fresh off the boat. There were SO many folks ordering or talking about ordering them back then. I also recall how many folks flamed others because they were willing to pay sticker price like I did because certain peeps thought that it was insane to pay sticker for something. I have NO REGRETS in paying sticker. Great investment for sure!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #9
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
I actually remember a lot of your posts back then about how enthusiastic you were to get yours. I was one of the lucky ones that got mine just about fresh off the boat. There were SO many folks ordering or talking about ordering them back then. I also recall how many folks flamed others because they were willing to pay sticker price like I did because certain peeps thought that it was insane to pay sticker for something. I have NO REGRETS in paying sticker. Great investment for sure!
Now I feel old, thanks!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:53 AM   #10
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I found yarisworld thanks to Google. I had bought my yaris back on July 29th 2006 when I was looking for a small economical car that got at least 35mpg on the highway. I found YW the day I got the car looking for info and suspension improvements. Didn't sign up until I met chinocharles on cardomain. The rest is history.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #11
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
My daughter wanted one the first time she saw a commercial for it. One day she asked if I would co-sign for it and I did. I drove her's a couple if times and really was impressed with it. She had the 2 door auto liftback. That was in 2006.

In 2009, I got a new position with my federal agency where I had to drive from Indy to Chicago and my 4Runner was really sucking up the gas so I bought a 4 door auto LB with cruise (first year for factory cruise in US I think) and have been in love ever since.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #12
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Yahooed it after buying one .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
ciscobear

Drives: Toyota Belta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hershey View Post
Yahooed it after buying one .
Googled after buying my Belta :)
ciscobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #14
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
I always look for forums for whatever car I drive, and after I saw the Yaris on craigslist, I found this place, lurked for a few days, and bought the car and registered here :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
jRoss

Drives: 2010 5spd sedan
Bought a yaris and love car forums, so i had to find one for the yaris. Google.
jRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #16
TRDMarty

Drives: Polar White 2008, 3Dr HB TRD '
All you guys told me about it.
TRDMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #17
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Google search: yaris forum
Old 01-18-2013, 04:29 PM   #18
narly charley

Drives: 2010 Yaris "L" 5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
Google search: yaris forum
Haha! Me too. I've always been on newcelica.org, and then I got a Yaris.