Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-22-2016, 02:31 AM   #1
sarap

Drives: red liftback egg
07 yaris : white egg build thread

sup guys, coming to about 2 weeks of ownership and i decided to start a build thread to document and share my experience with this car.

bought it from car max with 89k miles for 7 out the door.
i opted for this over the red one with less miles because of lower monthly payments, 1k $ cheaper sticker price, and of course it was 5 speed. haha

ive owned and played with quite a few cars, here are a few ! enjoy !

sarap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:40 AM   #2
sarap

Old 02-22-2016, 02:49 AM   #3
sarap

Old 02-22-2016, 03:01 AM   #4
sarap

sorry for the flood of photos, just oing through my photobucket and man i miss my cars haha i wish i could have kept all of them ! i left off a couple of lowriders, and rat rod trucks but yeah, on to the yaris stuff.

first mod i put on before leaving the dealership haha alate 90's napolex aluminum shifter :

the next day i put on my HIDS (5k) and angled my beams to help with the glare and blinding that was going on.
i then got my oem styled spoiler ! fitment was spot on ! not bad for 65 bucks! just gotta take it to my painter

on friday i went and got my exhaust done for now.
muffler delete, and when with a nice pipe and tip. just cause i was bored haha. sounds great ! kept my cats and resonator, couldnt imagine it without them lol.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:07 AM   #5
sarap

i also got around to putting on the HD lip. better photos tomorrow:
Old 02-22-2016, 10:31 AM   #6
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
You have owned some cool cars

Looking forward to seeing the Yaris build progress.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #7
sarap

thanks man! me too haha, possibly on my way to go pick up the exhaust i originally planned to re-buy (had it on my old eg and integra)
Old 02-22-2016, 12:43 PM   #8
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Welcome! Some good looking vehicles you've had there. The Corolla wagon looked great!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:19 PM   #9
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Judging by the way you modified your past vehicles (Since you're a stance guy) I cannot wait to see what you do with the Yaris! Gotta love that Corolla wagon and Miata, and.. All of your other cars actually hahaha. The Yaris must feel so slow compared to your previous cars though haha. Why the switch if you don't mind me asking? Regardless, nice pick up! Exhaust looks good too!
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:35 PM   #10
sarap

Right on ! haha it is a bit slower than a few of my last cars, but honestly man the first time i saw a sick yaris was when i was in the bay visiting my family. It was a black one, lowered, on bronze wheels, exhaust, and i was like damnnnn ! This was around 2007 when i had the red eg hatch. Ever since then i felt like they had so much potential to be dope cars hah. i just like the car a lot, super fun to drive, everyone asks me what it is, since i de-bagged it and the community of owners are SUPER helpful and dont bash on the noobs haha. But yeah man i plan on possibly having two "set-ups" for rollling around, street sprinter / kanjo - light weight track wheels (sprint harts, kosei k1's, etc.) and then of course my "cool guy" look haha wider wheels and stretch for the gram. i love your set up too man. definitely on point and my favorite black yaris by far. im a die hard mesh wheel fan, so your previous set up is still my favorite man! im excited to see what else you do to it ! glad you didnt sell.
Old 02-22-2016, 11:49 PM   #11
sarap

some new stuff :

i also own an accord wagon, that i recently finished my audio set up on, but i decided the yaris deserved the double din and 10 inch sub instead so :

then i decided while we had the car apart and were doing the audio that i would scrap the stock front 6.5's because of how bad they were rattling at barely half volume.

i went with massive audio 6.5's for 60 bucks. no regrets ! im super satisfied i must say.

after i left the shop i went and purchased duplicolor white rattle paint to do my spoiler.
i have a painter here who offered to do it for 80, (not bad) but i want my coils and wheels more haha so i did it my damn self ! lol scotch brite, spray, dry, 600 wet, dry wait, spray 1000 grit, wait 1500 grit etc. lol came out super smooth however i didnt clear coat it -__- :

im going to take it off this weekend, and get a glossier white like i was told to and redo the process. still cheaper considering i paid about 11 bucks for materials.
it looks vinyl wrapped lol like matte white :

i also got around to getting a new antenna ! i used to buy the old school "fuba" antennas and put them on my cars for that "euro look" lol but i felt like it looked goofy on my car so i got this short one for 9.99 at auto zone with adapters and such. its aluminum. i love it haha no more r/c car look for me.
oh and removed all my tint too ! im not a fan of tint haha if you look at the previous cars ive owned. fishbowl for the win !

thats all for now. hopefully ill get my suspension soon !

Last edited by sarap; 02-23-2016 at 12:08 AM.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:07 AM   #12
sarap

Forgot to show what my screen looks like at night. The ignition was keyed to the accessories section just in case anyone was like like DAMN you got all those lights on the cluster on haha.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:15 AM   #13
ern-diz

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarap View Post
...everyone asks me what it is...
This.

I've gotten more questions/comments/compliments about my Yaris than any other car I've owned.

I need a double din. Maybe an Android unit.
Old 02-23-2016, 02:15 PM   #14
sarap

Small update. Took off work due to court. So I figured why not re do my wing and chsnge up the wheels that Came with the car ? I didn't like how the style of wheel black and chrome) resembled much like that of the fiat sooooo I switched it up to something that would look a little more "aftermarket/ could have come from the factory/ish type of look lol

Old 02-23-2016, 03:38 PM   #15
ern-diz

Good mod. It's a personal taste thing, but I'm not a fan of the alloy/black combo you see on newer cars.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:12 PM   #16
sarap

Yeah man I hate the wheels, but they came on the car and the tires have at least 95% tread left haha. I'm just waiting on some mula for the suspension and new wheels ! It's killing me ! Haha here's some pics from today :

Old 02-23-2016, 08:14 PM   #17
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarap View Post
Right on ! haha it is a bit slower than a few of my last cars, but honestly man the first time i saw a sick yaris was when i was in the bay visiting my family. It was a black one, lowered, on bronze wheels, exhaust, and i was like damnnnn ! This was around 2007 when i had the red eg hatch. Ever since then i felt like they had so much potential to be dope cars hah. i just like the car a lot, super fun to drive, everyone asks me what it is, since i de-bagged it and the community of owners are SUPER helpful and dont bash on the noobs haha. But yeah man i plan on possibly having two "set-ups" for rollling around, street sprinter / kanjo - light weight track wheels (sprint harts, kosei k1's, etc.) and then of course my "cool guy" look haha wider wheels and stretch for the gram. i love your set up too man. definitely on point and my favorite black yaris by far. im a die hard mesh wheel fan, so your previous set up is still my favorite man! im excited to see what else you do to it ! glad you didnt sell.
Thank you man I really appreciate that! I get the same thing, since I have the Netz emblem in the front and Vitz in the back haha. I really do miss my mesh wheels so I'm on the hunt to trade my current wheels for some mesh wheels in either 16x8.5 or 16x9 again. We'll see! Very tasteful audio mods as well man, and the wheels look so much better that color. Keep up the good work! I'll be keeping my eye on this thread. I CANNOT wait til you lower it
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 08:45 PM   #18
ern-diz