Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-28-2010, 05:01 AM   #1
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
Towing Question?

Hey guys so there is a possibility that I might be moving back to the east coast in the future

but I was thinking is it possible to tow a small (example: smallest uhaul trailer) trailer in order to cut down on the shipping cost?

I know that it we as Yaris owners are not supposed to be trailering cars but the question is is it is possible to put a Hidden hitch on the back and cart some of my stuff back to the east coast?

thanks for your help in advance!
Old 08-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Would I do this across the country? Probably not!

Lots of people have now demonstrated that the Yaris is capable of light-duty trailering.
Attached Images

Old 08-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #3
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I've towed over 3,000 miles on one trip TWICE in an auto and manual yaris. My latest trailer is a late 70's toyota long-bed and even loaded up with stuff the car tows fine. Try looking for a trailer on craigslist that isn't to heaver or large, will be cheaper than uhaul.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote