Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
ictatadaq

Drives: Yaris
Radio turn TP seek off

Hi all,

After numerous posts in this forum I've decided the easiest way to stream music on my yaris (UK 06-11 model) is buying an FM transmitter for my ipod.

I've got one and it works fine, but with the factory stereo set to FM it automatically switches to the nearest channel (i.e. radio 1, heart etc.) instead of staying on the 'empty' frequency I've set the transmitter to. Does anyone have any idea how to turn this function off so the FM stays on the empty frequency matched to my transmitter.

Thanks

Last edited by ictatadaq; 09-12-2012 at 04:44 PM.
ictatadaq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:34 PM   #2
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
What exact year do you have? Your other post lists "'06-'11" which has a couple different trim styles.

I'm honestly surprised that it doesn't have an aux-in port, as 99% of Yarii do.

IMO, FM Transmitters are crap these days. I'd strongly encourage you to look into an aftermarket head unit with aux/usb/bluetooth instead.

That being said, does your radio have a TP button on it? See page 38:
http://www.toyota-tech.eu/legacy/Toy..._410_UM_EN.pdf

Tags
radio, transmitter