Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2014, 07:03 PM   #199
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Added the 5mm spacer in the rear driver side in an attempt to even out the wheel offset due to our crooked torsion beam.. Still doesn't look even. Not really sure what else I can do haha. Now the driver side looks more flush than the rear passenger side.
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:28 AM   #200
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Put that spacer to the passenger side? I also have the issue. 10mm hub spacer on one side, a 3mm on the other.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:49 AM   #201
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
haha it comes with the territory. I say no go low and get used to it so youre not trying to get comfortable with a new slam AND new wheels. I tried removing the last collar i have left in the rear but the threads are marred so it gets stuck almost at the very top.

and please keep posting pics, this thread is becoming an open forum now lol

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #202
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezhacker1 View Post
Put that spacer to the passenger side? I also have the issue. 10mm hub spacer on one side, a 3mm on the other.
Ohh it's the rear passenger side that needs the extra spacer to be even? I could have sworn it was the driver side. But for sure man I'll check it out.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #203
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
haha it comes with the territory. I say no go low and get used to it so youre not trying to get comfortable with a new slam AND new wheels. I tried removing the last collar i have left in the rear but the threads are marred so it gets stuck almost at the very top.

and please keep posting pics, this thread is becoming an open forum now lol

Wait what? Sorry I got kinda confused reading this. Brain fart lol
Old 05-16-2014, 01:55 PM   #204
Form>Function

youre debating whether to go low now and then get new wheels or wait, get new wheels and then go lower. I say go with the first that way you get used to being that slammed and then you only have to get used to new wheels when theyre on. If you wait to slam it until after wheels then youre trying to get used to new ride height and new wheels. Its always wise to do one thing at a time, especially with extreme mods like slammed height and wild fitment, diagnosing problems is easier too

Old 05-16-2014, 03:08 PM   #205
TerenceCruz

Quote:
youre debating whether to go low now and then get new wheels or wait, get new wheels and then go lower. I say go with the first that way you get used to being that slammed and then you only have to get used to new wheels when theyre on. If you wait to slam it until after wheels then youre trying to get used to new ride height and new wheels. Its always wise to do one thing at a time, especially with extreme mods like slammed height and wild fitment, diagnosing problems is easier too
Ohhh yeah man definitely. That does make sense though. I'm used to driving slammed, I'm just not used to driving low with poke. Now that I will have to get used to lol.
Old 05-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #206
Form>Function

lol its fun dude, I rub like 24/7 people get scared when I come around the corner just shredding tire on fender at full lock lol, axle banging on my frame and crap lol, yesterday i was trying to pass traffic that was merging onto the highway, i pass a dc2 teggy with some mods that gives me some looks and as i switch lanes back in front of him i hit a small bump and sent sparks all over him lol thats the G sh** lol

Old 05-16-2014, 03:27 PM   #207
TerenceCruz

Quote:
lol its fun dude, I rub like 24/7 people get scared when I come around the corner just shredding tire on fender at full lock lol, axle banging on my frame and crap lol, yesterday i was trying to pass traffic that was merging onto the highway, i pass a dc2 teggy with some mods that gives me some looks and as i switch lanes back in front of him i hit a small bump and sent sparks all over him lol thats the G sh** lol
Damn, I need that in my life hahaha.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #208
TerenceCruz

The rears are still uneven.. It's bothering me a lotttt. Lol. Anyone else have this problem with Megan Racing coilovers? I took off the locks, and perches, and they're still uneven! The rear driver side is like a little more than a quarter of an inch lower than the rear passenger side. I'm stuck. On top of that my ABS and VSC lights are still on. I wonder if they even work anymore..
Old 05-19-2014, 09:31 PM   #209
ezhacker1

My rear is also uneven. It must just be the car body isnt just not even laterally but also ride height.

My passenger side (or is it driver i forget) is like yours about a 1/4 inch lower. I have to keep one ring on the perch just to even it out. So one side has a ring the other doesnt.

As for ABS and VSC. Check the abs connector. either its loose or the abs sensor is dirty.

Old 05-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #210
TerenceCruz

Quote:
My rear is also uneven. It must just be the car body isnt just not even laterally but also ride height.

My passenger side (or is it driver i forget) is like yours about a 1/4 inch lower. I have to keep one ring on the perch just to even it out. So one side has a ring the other doesnt.

As for ABS and VSC. Check the abs connector. either its loose or the abs sensor is dirty.
Ahh okay so at least I know I'm not the only one with this problem! Thanks for the help man. My friends say I might have stretched the wires when we lowered it or something like that..
Old 05-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #211
TerenceCruz

You guys see the difference in height in the top picture? The rear is just a little higher but its bothering me haha.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #212
TerenceCruz

Here's a picture of her good side haha. This is how low I want the rear to be. (Obviously since I cannot go any lower until I get shorter stiffer springs haha)
Old 05-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #213
ezhacker1

I wanna get my stock wheels back out to see how low the car looks with them on lol.

But yeah, maybe just add the perch to the driver side. I myself wouldnt ride without the perches, then again im on 9k 6" springs so they dont compress much so can fall out.

Being lazy that I am, what are the spring rates on the megans, and are the rear shocks height adjustable?

Old 05-19-2014, 10:19 PM   #214
TerenceCruz

Hey Jonathan, didn't you tell me about these springs you saw on eBay?
Old 05-19-2014, 10:23 PM   #215
TerenceCruz

Quote:
I wanna get my stock wheels back out to see how low the car looks with them on lol.

But yeah, maybe just add the perch to the driver side. I myself wouldnt ride without the perches, then again im on 9k 6" springs so they dont compress much so can fall out.

Being lazy that I am, what are the spring rates on the megans, and are the rear shocks height adjustable?
Fronts are 5k, Rears are 2.5k. Yeah if if these springs did not compress the way they do I would not ride without the perches either. Also, the rear shocks are height adjustable. But I threaded them down to the limit I think. There are still threads but it would not let me go down and more. I don't know why. Laz said he thinks they're supposed to stop there. I'll post pics.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:28 PM   #216
TerenceCruz

Here is the driver side rear shock. It looks like I can thread the nut lower but I remember not being able to.. Guess it wouldn't hurt to try. If I could thread the nut down just a little more on the passenger side that would be PERFECT!