Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-31-2018, 07:30 AM   #1
miiser

Drives: yaris 2009
Pics with dash covers installed.

Hi all,
I want to buy a dash cover to cover this cheap plastic with something more premium to the eye-touch, so I figured that a dash cover could be nice.
But I want some pictures from someone that already has one, to see if I like it or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
No offense, to each his own, but in my opinion, a dash cover of any kind is (visually) a step down from the plastic. For me, it just sings of cheap, auto part store accessories. The same argument could probably be made about my steering wheel cover, but again, to each his own lol.

I preferred the vinyl in the Civic I had before my Yaris, but I wouldn't take a dash cover over the bare plastic. In the past, I've had car washes apply some Armor All, or similar protective product to the plastic and it made it darker and look more rich. That's about as far as I would go.

Again, just my 2 cents, so take it with a grain of salt.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 11:08 PM   #3
ABSPLASTIC

Drives: Twin-charged rotary V8 w/nos
^
+1

I wrapped my center console with cf neffy and it has held up to heat and sun over the last 8+ years. The next best thing would be to have the whole dash upholstered in leather or some other material that doesn't look like you slapped a cover on it.
ABSPLASTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:51 AM   #4
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
i always wanted to flock my dash.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote