Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-14-2015, 04:12 PM   #1
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
How to remove front seats and carpet?

Wanting to do the peel and stick insulation sound deadening and want to do roof and floors/firewall. Did a search for front seat removal but didnt see anything? Any tips/tricks for seat, carpet, and headliner removal? Need to know what tools I will need to do the job.

Thanks!
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 04:18 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Front seats are held in by 2 e10 torx bolts per seat rail. 8 in total. Real easy to take out. Since there are air bag sensors involved, I'd recommend disconnecting the battery and waiting 10 minutes before unplugging any wiring harnesses in the seats.

Carpet removal I'm not familiar with.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:46 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Once the seats are out carpet is easy as it is just tucked under the kick plates and side plastic panels.

For the headliner, that is a bit more work as all of the upper pillar covers have to come off and there again you have airbags to be careful of. The front A pillar covers have a special clip on them that you are supposed to replace if removed, but if you are careful when you remove them you can reuse them.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:05 PM   #4
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Eww, maybe I wont do the roof then. My 07 the a pillars were easy to come off (took them off a couple times to route wires), I guess the 09 has an airbag there which is going to complicate things. Leave ti to me to ruin the special clips.

Does the center console need to come out to get the carpet out?
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Yes - You will want to remove the center console as it sits on top of the carpet there.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:41 PM   #6
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

OK, so it turns out that after purchasing the peel and seal, and the adhesive duct insulation, there is no place in this city that has an E10 "star" torx socket. I went to Home Depot, Lowes, Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Ace Hardware, and Oriley's, and none of them had one. O'Riley's had a "4 piece star socket kit" that included an E10 but it cost $14 and I looked on Amazon and for the same price I can get a 10 socket set, so thats what I did.

Looks like I will not be doing this project today like I had hoped. :( Oh well. Next weekend.

Any secret to getting the center console out? How do I take the automatic trans shifter knob off?

Old 03-15-2015, 01:53 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinare View Post
OK, so it turns out that after purchasing the peel and seal, and the adhesive duct insulation, there is no place in this city that has an E10 "star" torx socket. I went to Home Depot, Lowes, Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Ace Hardware, and Oriley's, and none of them had one. O'Riley's had a "4 piece star socket kit" that included an E10 but it cost $14 and I looked on Amazon and for the same price I can get a 10 socket set, so thats what I did.

Looks like I will not be doing this project today like I had hoped. :( Oh well. Next weekend.

Any secret to getting the center console out? How do I take the automatic trans shifter knob off?
For the console, just grab and unscrew the knob and then remove the one 10mm bolt from the cup holder at the rear of the console. Once you do that just lift it from the back end to pop the clips loose.
Old 03-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #8
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Awesome, thanks! I will post pics of the project if anyone is interested as well as the results and if its worth it to do with the cheap materials.

Old 03-17-2015, 04:28 PM   #9
Ben_

Drives: 2010 Yaris Hatch
Harbor freight has e sockets. Got mine for cheap they work. Other than that you need a tool truck or amazon
Ben_ is offline   Reply With Quote