Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2009, 06:15 PM   #181
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Drives: '07 Vitz Lifty, Stick Shift
Thank you so much, I have about 3 hours before the sun light is bye bye. It wasn't too hard to remove the top. Couple scratches and bruises on my hands, but now that I know how, of course, I can do it a lot quicker next time.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #182
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

I'm not the best at reading wiring diagrams, but from what I can see my car doesn't even have this "ad4 plug" see picture...

And I can't find a plug hanging down that would plug into the Clutch Switch for Cruise Control. I can see where the switch mounts to the Clutch Pedal Mount...but no plug. Please help me :(

Last edited by nickhjort; 05-02-2009 at 06:36 PM.
nickhjort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #183
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Also if this is the case, does that mean my ECU doesn't even have the Cruise control programmed into it, so I can't tap a wire right from the ECU itself? I hope I can do this...seeing as I already drilled my holes and put switches :) (kicks self for not getting priorities straightened out before starting project...1. Check to see if this will work...2. Then cut $hit up HAHAHA!! Not the other way around...)
Old 05-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #184
Sir A.Y. Atoyot

Drives: '08 5-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
ok it looks like its the grey connector right under the yellow one, although im not 100% sure.
I think you're right, especially since the factory diagram has a note saying "gray" on the picture of the AD4 plug.

Last edited by Sir A.Y. Atoyot; 07-27-2010 at 05:01 PM.
Sir A.Y. Atoyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #185
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
It is definitely the grey next to the yellow. Pin 1 is orange, 10 is yellow, and 5 in pink, and I see those clearly.

In the pics I don't see the right angle to tell if the Pin 6 blue wire (CCS) is there. It should go 5-pink, 6-blue, and 7-brown.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 08:25 PM   #186
CTScott
ULTIMATE

As for the clutch switch wiring. At the ECM it is pin 56 of Connector C20. From there is connects through pin 14 of CA1 (the right rear connector in the under hood fuse box). It is a blue wire - shown below (For AT, two wires come into the one pin). For your test, you can jumper it to the white wire, two pins to the right of it.

Clutch Switch Wire.jpg
Old 05-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #187
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

How you guys can read that diagram...I don't know, but thank god you can :) Thanks so much! You guys are awesome! I lost the last of my light though, so tomorrow I'm gunna finish this up and we'll see how it works. I'll take some more pictures as I splice and dice, just to kinda help with someone's DIY (I'm not gunna write one up...not a very good public speaker).
Old 05-02-2009, 09:37 PM   #188
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Well I just checked and I have no blue wire in slot 6...I have a blue wire in slot 15 though. That's on the top part, and on the bottom, I can't see under it right now to look for a wire, but when I unplug it and look in at the metal pins, there isn't one where that blue wire in slot 15 should be and there isn't one in slot 6. I hope I'm explaining this ok for now, until I can take more pics tomorrow. Is it possible there is a wire going into the harness, but there's no metal pin for the plug part? I dunno I'll check tomorrow when I don't have to use a flashlight :)
Old 05-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #189
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhjort View Post
Well I just checked and I have no blue wire in slot 6...I have a blue wire in slot 15 though. That's on the top part, and on the bottom, I can't see under it right now to look for a wire, but when I unplug it and look in at the metal pins, there isn't one where that blue wire in slot 15 should be and there isn't one in slot 6. I hope I'm explaining this ok for now, until I can take more pics tomorrow. Is it possible there is a wire going into the harness, but there's no metal pin for the plug part? I dunno I'll check tomorrow when I don't have to use a flashlight :)
The blue one in 15 is a CAN bus wire (CANH to the combination meter). So, it looks like your next stop is the ECM Connector A21, Pin 40. I would think that the absence of a wire in AD4-6 means that A21-40 will be empty as well.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:53 PM   #190
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

So that means I can't do this huh?
Old 05-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #191
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

I'm guessing there's a pin in the ECM at slot 40 for the cruise, but no wire on the plastic connector part. I wonder how hard it would be to just insert a wire on the connector. I'll have to see how the wires are in there and if you can get one of those little metal pins and attatch a wire to it.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #192
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
So that means I can't do this huh?
I'm starting to understand why the Rostra CC kit for 06-08's consists of more than a couple of switches and resistors...
Old 05-02-2009, 10:10 PM   #193
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Is your 07 the same PK198105? I wonder if you have the wiring under the dash unlike mine. If not, what would you do? Say oh well, hang up the towel? I really want this cruise cause I drive to work back and forth about 45 mins each way. It would be really helpful. I mean I'm pretty confident in my wiring abilities. Solder, heat shrink, etc. But of course I don't wanna fuck anything up so bad my dash is gunna end up like that guys in Australia I saw on here today.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:59 AM   #194
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Cool. Well we'll see tomorrow then.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #195
nickhjort
My R1 eats my Vitz!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
As for the clutch switch wiring. At the ECM it is pin 56 of Connector C20. From there is connects through pin 14 of CA1 (the right rear connector in the under hood fuse box). It is a blue wire - shown below (For AT, two wires come into the one pin). For your test, you can jumper it to the white wire, two pins to the right of it.

I know you said this is the wire for the clutch switch, and this is really more than a question than me trying to correct you, but this diagram makes it look like the black wire in box a25 is the clutch switch wire, and it looks like it's outside of that fuse box in the engine bay? Or is this some other totally different thing and I'm just getting myself more confused? Again I have a very vague understanding of these schematics and I'm just trying to learn some more about them

Old 05-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #196
goku87

Drives: Black HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by devinlamothe View Post
Anyone have trouble getting the steering wheel bolts off (the hex screws on the side)? I was going to try and just check the mounting spot today but couldn't even get the screws to budge.

I'm thinking I need a torque wrench?
a torque wrench would not help losening it. those are for tightening to a specific torque, ie ft-lb or in-lb, hence the name.

get a hammer. that might help. j/k j/k. dont really do that.
goku87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #197
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I know you said this is the wire for the clutch switch, and this is really more than a question than me trying to correct you, but this diagram makes it look like the black wire in box a25 is the clutch switch wire, and it looks like it's outside of that fuse box in the engine bay? Or is this some other totally different thing and I'm just getting myself more confused? Again I have a very vague understanding of these schematics and I'm just trying to learn some more about them

The black wire is just a +12V source that flows through the clutch switch to the ECM input. The A25 connector is a nighmare to get at, so the white wire, I said to jump the blue to, is a much easier to get at alternative to the black wire in A25.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:57 PM   #198
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by goku87 View Post
a torque wrench would not help losening it. those are for tightening to a specific torque, ie ft-lb or in-lb, hence the name.

get a hammer. that might help. j/k j/k. dont really do that.
I ended up getting it off ... I meant using the torque wrench as a breaker bar of sorts to give me leverage... and it worked.
devinlamothe is offline   Reply With Quote