Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-09-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
togo

Drives: Yaris Verso 2000
Yaris Verso: Reset power window jam protection

Hi,

I have a Yaris Verso (2000) and I had to replace the driver side window. Now, whenever I lift the window in AUTO UP mode, it will travel all the way up, but the jam protection will then move it down about 10cm.

According to the Toyota Repair Manual, one needs to reset the jam protection after working on the window. The instruction, however, are not clear.

It says ("HOWTO RESET POWER WINDOW MOTOR"):
  1. Remove the power window motor (Hint: Place the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear).
  2. Connect the power window motor and power window switch to wire harness of the vehicle
  3. Turn the ignition switch ON and operate the power window switch to idle the power window motor in UP side direction for more than 6 rotations or less than 10 rotates (4 seconds or more).
  4. Assemble the power window motor and regulator. (Hint: - Install the motor when the regulator arm is below the middle point. - Align the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear.)
  5. Assemble the power window regulator and door glass. (Hint: - Never rotate the motor to the down direction until the completion of the window glass installation.)
  6. Connect power window switch to wire harness and turn the ignition switch ON.
  7. Repeat UP and DOWN operation several times manually.
  8. Check if AUTO UP -7 AUTO DOWN operates in automatic operation.

Do I really need to disassemble everything just to reset the jam protection?? And in point 3, what exactly do I need to do? It says "> 6 rotations" OR "< 10 rotations" (>4s). That doesn't make sense - this means I can do whatever I want as long as it takese >4s.

Can anybody help me?`

Thanks!
togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
That step #3 is probably how the actual initialization occurs. To do it you would need to be able to watch the shaft on the motor rotate and count the revolutions (or time it). It must measure the no-load current draw and needs to see no-load for more than 4 seconds to use the data (and less than 10 to verify that the user is doing the initialization, rather than there being a broken widow regulator, where the motor is not actually driving anything).
Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
togo

Drives: Yaris Verso 2000
Smile

CTScott: Thanks for taking the time to reply! So I did as instructed, and yes, it's now working as it should.

- togo
togo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
ciscobear

Drives: Toyota Belta
All i did was to move manually the window right up to the top, then hold the up button for 30 seconds or so and it was set.
ciscobear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power window, yaris 2000, yaris verso