Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-10-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
jstantherprsn

Drives: 01 Toyota Echo
sway bar links contd

Hello Everyone,

I am looking at getting new sway bar links. I talked about this in the past but only got around to it now. I noticed that there are sway bar links and sway bar link kits from parts geek. I emailed them and they couldn’t tell me if there is a difference. I noticed that the febi ones are a lot different than the other offerings. Anyone know which I should go for? My plan was to get 2 sets and then go buy some poly bushings to replace them. I need new bushings in order to measure up to get the polys. I honestly can’t tell the difference they all look the same except for the febi one. Just wanted some advice some someone who has already changed their links.
jstantherprsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 04:52 AM   #2
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
my TRD bar bolted up with no links or bushings and works fine.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
jstantherprsn

Drives: 01 Toyota Echo
I got the febi sway bar links. The link is machined from a single piece of bar stock. Other kits just provide a bolt and standoff, washers etc. So the kit is a new stud and everything else. It looks like its hot dipped. Now I'm looking at urethane bushings. When I find ones that work I'll let everyone know.
jstantherprsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:49 PM   #4
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Why replace the links if they don't come with better bushing ie; urethane?
Old 03-25-2011, 08:26 PM   #5
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
because if you lower you need longer (or shorter depending on setup) end links to make up for the difference in ride height.

the end that hooks to the suspension needs to be level with the ground at rid height. so if you lower 2" you'll need 2" shorter ends. if you're sway bar is not level it will not be as tight and responsive....or more responsive in leaning one way and less in the other depending on how far you lift/drop the car.

and for those who want to argue....do what you will if it works for you
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #6
marlondog
Shut your fricken suck!!!

Drives: 07' liftback
My ksport coilovers have adjustable collars that the stock end links attach to. I can either bring the collar up, which results in the sway bar going up, or bring the collar down to where the sway bar is barely missing the bar under it. I'm lowered and not to sure how the sway bar should be positioned. Help!
marlondog is offline   Reply With Quote