Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-26-2018, 05:08 PM   #1
vaironl

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door, manual tran
Passenger Side Low Beam Not Working

Hello! It has been a while since I posted in the forums, but I am still a happy Yaris owner and frequently read threads in the forums.

I lowered my car a couple of years ago, but almost never drove at night. I am starting to do that quite often now and while the lights let me see OK at night, I think some vertical adjustment can help. I was doing just that recently and noticed the passenger side low beam does not work. I tried adjusting the cables making sure they are tightly connected, with no luck. To clarify, the passenger side low beam is the only beam that does NOT work. The driver side low beam works and the high beams on both sides work. Would the general steps be to make sure connections are good, check fuse, and if not replace the bulb as a last resort? I noticed the passenger side headlight housing is getting a bit foggy too. Can that be an indicator of anything?

Also, regarding the original topic. I wonder what process everyone else has used. The one I have been referred to the most is to wait until it is dark out, be on flat ground, and try to get the beams straight ahead. Is this reasonable for me doing self-alignment?

Thank you!
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 05:18 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
It's a dual filament bulb and the low beam filament is burnt out. Replace the bulb.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
vaironl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
It's a dual filament bulb and the low beam filament is burnt out. Replace the bulb.

Thank you for clarifying this! I will order a new bulb and update in a couple of days.
Old 02-26-2018, 10:50 PM   #4
vaironl

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post

Thank you again! Got some replacements and everything worked well!

It was way easier than I expected. Now I just can't figure out how right my alignment is. There are not a lot of flat spots around me.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:28 AM   #5
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
If the alignment was OK before and the new bulb is seated properly then it should be still OK.
The local automotive certification company (the one that does regular state car checks) offers the alignment check and set for some 9 USD. And they use the professional equipment - regloscope etc.
This is also part of the spring checks that many car service centers offer after every winter here, with total cost about 10 USD.

For that price I would never bother about that.
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote