Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-03-2015, 12:30 AM   #1
aussiedean
I've made a post!

Drives: YRS Yaris
Faulty Clutch 2011 YRS?

Hi there,

My daughters has a Yaris YRS 2011 model and I think she may be up for another clutch.

When we purchased the car (70,000k) I noticed the car had quite a tight clutch to operate, not so bad for me but she thinks the clutch is terrible. Others have also commented on it. Tends to shudder on take off sometimes also if you don't operate correctly as well.The last time it was in for a service at Toyota they said there was nothing wrong with it?

Also to mention that the vehicle is an ex car instructors car so we found out afterwards. The car is not at my home as she lives a considerable distance away so she will need to take it in for repair. Didn't really want her to take it back to the local Toyota dealer. Over here in Aussie i have heard the Exedy clutches are quite good but I'm open to suggestions on what to look for.

Would there be a softer type clutch to operate? and if she does have it done is there anything else you could recommend be done whilst replacing the clutch please.

Thanks
aussiedean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:58 AM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Faulty Clutch 2011 YRS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiedean View Post
When we purchased the car (70,000k) I noticed the car had quite a tight clutch to operate, not so bad for me but she thinks the clutch is terrible. Others have also commented on it. Tends to shudder on take off sometimes also if you don't operate correctly as well.The last time it was in for a service at Toyota they said there was nothing wrong with it?

Sounds to me like you are simply describing the very nature of this car's clutch. We get many new threads from people questioning/complaining about their clutch and how it behaves like no clutch they've experienced before.

For now, I'll say nothing is wrong until I'm proven otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2015, 07:50 AM   #3
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
^agreed, "normal" for the Yaris, apparently newer models are better.

This is why i'm installing an Exedy Pro OEM clutch next summer, i'm getting tire of the crappy clutch my Yaris has.

In your case i'd save your money unless you really think it's worth paying someone to install it.

Toyota's clutches are durable but have a terrible feel