Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
Road Trip to Carolina Motorsports Park

Well got up Sunday morning and drove down to CMP to watch a little NASA racing action. It's about a 3 hour drive from my house, but a good excuse to get the Yaris out for a road trip. Let's just say I now know why there are so many Yaris fans on here!! Compared to my old '92 Tercel, this thing is a pocket rocket, passing on 2-lane back roads with ease, carving lines around cloverleafs like mad, merging into traffic with ease, and all while getting close to 40 mpg. Watched some great racing, a few spins, some bumping and rubbin', and one paddock fire, but all in all a great day. Stopped on the way out of Camden, South Carolina and filled her up with $3.28 gas and headed on home, driving roughly 135 miles on about a quarter tank of fuel, lovin' this kinda mileage!!

Oh and as a side note, almost everybody I saw asked when would I be converting this car into a B-Spec racecar!!

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote