Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-08-2009, 03:32 AM   #1
FcukThis

Drives: yaris
What is the 'Negative' terminal post connected to?

Proceeding with upgrading the Big 3.. in my Sedan
Even though I doubt it'll make a dramatic difference with this tiny alternator Toyota has given us..

In previous attempts, grounding completely new wires omitting the original stock negative terminals turned out inefficient. In such cases, the car did not start. I received power (Lights,Radio..etc..) just fine, however that was about it. There is nothing wrong with the grounding points i have selected either; they have been tested.

Anyways.. Does anybody know exactly what the Negative Terminal post is linked to ? By this i mean the negative grounding points toyota has provided.(the one you connect to your negative battery post)

It seems that there are two wires in which the terminal splits into. One directly visible on the chassis and second one that slips underneath the battery-mount...I can't seem to trace it. Just wondering if anyone knew.
FcukThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 05:27 AM   #2
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
on previous cars ive had the cable run to the starter, alternator, and chassis. i havent looked at the yaris though.

what is your purpose for deleting the stock ground wires?
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 PM   #3
FcukThis

Oh nothing at all. I was hoping to add unto them or replace them with better grounds.

I was thinking that it was connected to the starter :].. I guess i'll just have to find a way to leave the original terminal- and just add on.
Thanks
Old 01-09-2009, 08:21 PM   #4
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
don't replace the stock cables... ADD too them.. stock is usually 8awg. Adding an additional 8awg or 4awg does more good than just substituting in a single 4awg. As a bonus, its usually easier to do too.
Old 01-10-2009, 05:31 AM   #5
FcukThis

Lucky me i had to learn the hard way! Free heart attack included.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:13 PM   #6
skigil

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatchback
lol @ heart attack. The wife thought I was going to get one because she didn't "trust my install skills."
skigil is offline   Reply With Quote