Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-21-2012, 10:05 PM   #1909
packetrace

Drives: Yaris Sedan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
^This is Tolm

:P
Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K
Performance :MI CrankPulley, Tein springs, UR and TRD bar, TURBO IN PROGRESS
Audio : Pionner DEH-80PRS, HAT L1V2, PowerBass 1100.5X 5 channel amp
packetrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #1910
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
You have to be 75% wombat to hear that darn good .

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:51 PM   #1911
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Mmm, that's why I asked my doctor to refer me to an ophthalmologist to test my ears, I'm still good. And I'm Thirty-Ten years old. Jeje + LOL

D.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:13 AM   #1912
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickveliz2 View Post
Mmm, that's why I asked my doctor to refer me to an ophthalmologist to test my ears, I'm still good. And I'm Thirty-Ten years old. Jeje + LOL

D.
What did ophthalmologist say about your ears? )))))) (probably: Mmm... Nice ears, Derick!!)

I know a guy who was a physics student and they staged a lab experiment on who can hear what... most students could hear 16 khz.. around 25 per cent of the group could hear 18 khz (used sine signal)
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 12:21 AM   #1913
packetrace

With what have they done the test ? Hope its a function generator and not a iphone dog whistles app hahaha
Exterior:RTX scorpion painted GOLD, side and rear visor, oem spoiler, MI mesh grill, Hella supertone horn, RS badge, Vios badge, CF pillar, Led mirror cover, fog light HID 3000k, Projector retrofit HID 8000K
Old 04-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #1914
TOLMACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by packetrace View Post
With what have they done the test ? Hope its a function generator and not a iphone dog whistles app hahaha
I guess this took place in early 90s - no iphones yet.. some full range speaker and lab equipment

btw there is a bunch of stuff that can generate sine (and other) signals
Old 04-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #1915
derickveliz2

I told the doctor that my new job required me to have almost perfect hearing, it was done with some electronic machines and headphones, he played many frequencies and I was told to rise my hand every time I heard something. According to him I was good for the job. What ever that means. LOL

That was almost 2 years ago, I'm going to do another soon, I guess my ears are more prepared this time since we kind of train our ears trying to improve our SQ systems.

D.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:35 AM   #1916
TOLMACH

Quote:
I told the doctor that my new job required me to have almost perfect hearing, it was done with some electronic machines and headphones, he played many frequencies and I was told to rise my hand every time I heard something. According to him I was good for the job. What ever that means. LOL

That was almost 2 years ago, I'm going to do another soon, I guess my ears are more prepared this time since we kind of train our ears trying to improve our SQ systems.

D.
my point was re ophthalmologist only.. i realize this is just a typo ))

I also suspect that our obsession with subwoofers has a contrary effect to training our ears to hear stuff (my normal listening level is LOUD or VERY LOUD)
Old 04-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #1917
derickveliz2

Last year I went to a meet from DIYMA members a couple of SPL guys asked me to sit in their cars, I said yes of course!

they sat me in the passengers side (ok, no SQ or front stage here) then one of them turn on the car and accelerated a little bit (in my mind... trouble here he probably needs a big 3)
... 2 minutes later my ears where making a funny noise Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiii Next time, I told them I was going to wear earplugs Jeje

Then I invited them to listen my Yaris, I remember their faces, one of them told me that next time he would build a SQ system,
and this was long time ago when I had my Mids in spheres up in the a-pillars, next meet I bet they are going to 3.1416 their pants! Jeje (in a good way, they are good friends)

D.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #1918
derickveliz2

Last week story about my old Pioneer amp!

Some one (bigguy from DIYMA), asked me if I would sell him my x720 amp, I told him "yes" but I was going to plug it in my car just to make sure it was working after a year in the closet.

To my surprise the I6SW fell in love with this amp, I guess the extra power was just right. I had people sit in my car and they feel like If I had a 10" woofer in a sealed box, the gain to me with this amp in a positive way is WOW! now feels like a 12"

I wrote back to bigguy... I have bad news and good news, the amp is working, but it works so well, that I'm having second thoughts about selling it. I had it for a week now and love it, this week I'm going back to my other amp and feel/test a couple more times.

It plays beautiful, goes very low and hits my chest the way I like it! and I know... it doesn't have the performance of a full size 12" woofer, when I compare the I6SW with my IDQ12, (both in front) the I6SW gets thumbs up:

1.- I6SW Hits my chest harder than the IDQ12, and the IDQ12 shackes my car a lot more and the seats too (witch I dislike, after a while it's not nice) and if I put the IDQ12 in the trunk, my seat vibrates even more!

2.- IDQ12+1sf box is too big and blocks my Mids and MidBass, in other words... kills my front stage

3.- This one I like: lets say both feel and perform the same, but with the IDQ12 people can hear me coming down the road, but that doesn't happen with the I6SW - that is a plus for me and the I6SW

So for me it's an interesting experience and now I'm thinking... should I get a mono block with about 400-500 watts with a gain control (I really miss that with the x720 since it doesn't comes with that option) and sell the x720 to bigguy? or ...

sell my 5 channel PowerBass amp, buy a new 4 channel and keep the x720 (probably that is what bigguy doesn't want to happen)

I'm open to suggestions, and Bigguy... what ever I do if I decide to sell the x720 you'll be the first one on my list. It's funny I already have a box and packing material from the post office with a label ready.

D.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #1919
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I've been ruminating on an enclosure idea I'll be looking at tomorrow. I'll fill you in...we may just have a great alternative for sub location...
Old 04-22-2012, 05:10 PM   #1920
derickveliz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
I've been ruminating on an enclosure idea I'll be looking at tomorrow. I'll fill you in...we may just have a great alternative for sub location...
Sounds good, the only I can see in my future plans is a 2nd I6SW

D.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #1921
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
next meet I bet they are going to 3.1416 their pants! Jeje (in a good way, they are good friends)
Had to read that three times before I was sure you actually wrote it. So freakin awesome.

So I know y'all are sq guys, so i have a question, i had a old 10" sub putting out maybe 150 watts normally, i have stock everything and only on the really deep long stuff would the lights dim, the problem is the pressure was too much for me and it gave me headaches. Now I get headaches like crazy anyways, but I was wondering if there are any smaller subs that would still bring out the lows enough but not move the air too much. Something smaller with less power that would still be worth taking the time to install. I know there are both 8" and 6" subs out there, i don't know though if any are worth it.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #1922
packetrace

Is your yaris really 4x4 :O
Old 04-22-2012, 06:01 PM   #1923
derickveliz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
Had to read that three times before I was sure you actually wrote it. So freakin awesome.

So I know y'all are sq guys, so i have a question, i had a old 10" sub putting out maybe 150 watts normally, i have stock everything and only on the really deep long stuff would the lights dim, the problem is the pressure was too much for me and it gave me headaches. Now I get headaches like crazy anyways, but I was wondering if there are any smaller subs that would still bring out the lows enough but not move the air too much. Something smaller with less power that would still be worth taking the time to install. I know there are both 8" and 6" subs out there, i don't know though if any are worth it.

More detail? box sf? amp? where is it located?

can't you just lower the gains?

D.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #1924
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
I was going to suggest the sub I'm using as a temp solution, but you said less intensity...

^Yes there's a gap. The slope is at 24dB versus the sub's 36dB.

^And yet another gap. The tweeters are at a 6dB slope.

Old 04-22-2012, 11:55 PM   #1925
derickveliz2

SQcomp, tell us a little bit about your new Tweeter install? aiming is very particular and clever...

D.
Old 04-23-2012, 12:00 AM   #1926
packetrace

Have pics of your new tweeter install ? Like Derick says details about aiming ? I cam very interested since I'll do 2way+sub...!!