Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2006, 07:45 PM   #1
Meow

Drives: 2003 Echo Sedan
Yaris Sedan Vs. Yaris 4dr. hatch

Hi guys.
I have a hard time to decide which yaris I want. On Hatchback and sedan, they both have option i preferr to have. Anyone know when is the 2008 model will come out and What ioption will be standard?

Here are few things I am look for: I would like to have side airbag, and side curtain airbags, but it only offer as option for Yaris sedan. Evern though i willing to pay for it, is not vavailable as Accessories for Hatchback. I really preferr the 60/40 Split rear seat... whcih seems only sedan or Hatchback RS has it. And the Dashboard console for the Yaris hatchback is so good, but the sedan don't have it. And I just find out the price between Yaris Sedan and hatchback, with same option, Yaris sedan is cheaper... Why is that?

Well, I still have time to decide what to buy before end of year.

Please tell me what your opinion...

Meow
Meow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:07 PM   #2
SimmZ

Drives: 2k3 Cavalier & 2k2 Echo
For me, the sedan is a better choice. The sedan come with more standard features than H/B for the same price. Also you get a IMPRESSIVE trunk space you don't have in the H/B.

There's no major change planned for the Yaris for 2008 because this is only a 1 year old model (sedan)! Most of Toyota product last around 5 years before major changes.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:50 PM   #3
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
I found there was more room in the hatch

I haul large equipment all the time and it's easy and lots of space in the hatch.
I have the RS so the seats fold flat.
I have hauled two air compressores (one 30 gallon and one 20 gallon) several boxes of nails, air guns, air hoses, a couple coolers, sawsalls, skill saws, roof jacks, etc with room to spare.

While camping we haul two large tents, two outboard engine (3hp and 9.9) fuel tank and 5gallon gas can, bedding, luggage, coolers, fishing gear, boat gear for aluminum boat, camp stove, folding table + cooking supplies plus much more

The best thing yet
Put the seat down flat, extend the head rests, toss in the inflatable mattress close the hatch and inflate mattress. The wife and I slept in are car a couple times like this while camping.
Old 10-23-2006, 10:55 PM   #4
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07WYarisRS
I found there was more room in the hatch
mattress close the hatch and inflate mattress. The wife and I slept in are car a couple times like this while camping.

When the Yaris is a rockin' don't come a knockin'

I don't have a Yaris but I personally like hatches and I think they are more practical than a sedan plus most people have a sedan, be different! Make a list of pros and cons relative to what your needs are and see the results between the two. Good luck!
Old 10-23-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
miss_piggy

Drives: Yaris YRX Hatch
i had the same dilemma...i couldnt choose between the 2. I eventually went with the hatch because it's got the digital dashboard. The sedan comes with a standard analog dash. Also, I been driving a hatch for the last 3 years and people say i look lost in a sedan - so small car it is!
I'm still waiting for it though! 1 more month to go! I got the 4dr manual YRX - i think that's the equivalent to the RS model.
Goodluck choosing! It's a hard choice, but at the end of the day, it's a yaris. Either you want the classic look of the sedan, or a sporty funky look of the hatch...
miss_piggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:00 AM   #6
Meow

Thank You everyone, to give me all the information. I still have 1 month to choose which one I want.

Thank you again...

Meow
Old 10-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #7
riceboy

Drives: icebox
do you need a trunk?? I think that's the most important criteria...
riceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:59 PM   #8
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
The hatchback version is easier to park into tight space.
Once I went into a parking lot which happened to be full, well, except for a stall part of which was occupied by a big garbage tank. My car could still be squeezed into it without much chore.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #9
Meow

To eveyone:

Thank you for all the help and support . At final, I decide to go with Sedan with Package F. Either in Barcelona Red or Pacific Blue.

Thank You again ,

Meow
Old 10-29-2006, 12:38 PM   #10
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Think of the uses you'll be getting the vehicle for. Will you be carrying more people or things and animals. It should be how you'll use it that makes you decide which type to get.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:00 PM   #11
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
With the rear seats down, the hatch has an enormous amount of space. I carry a half stack, two guitars, pedals and other goodies to shows in the back of my car... I couldn't even dream of doing so in the sedan.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 02:11 PM   #12
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow
To eveyone:

Thank you for all the help and support . At final, I decide to go with Sedan with Package F. Either in Barcelona Red or Pacific Blue.

Thank You again ,

Meow
Congratulations on the choice! Though I own a hatchback and like it, I have always been thinking that the sedan may also be an excellent car. I think it is a case of to each his own.
Enjoy your sedan and don't forget to update your avatar to reflect your final choice (as of now, it still says 5dr HB/Sedan) !
swng is offline   Reply With Quote