Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #1
bad
Winterizing

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Question CrimeStopper Remote Start DIY

Hello,

I am a electronics technician who has successfully installed a cruise control using CTScott's instruction manual and kit. I bought a Crimestopper remote start & keyless entry kit. It is more confusing than I expected.

I attached all the documents that it came with in two Adobe files. The one file starts off with a front and back of a 8 x 11 sheet of paper. It is followed by two little packets that I flipped thru the pages to scan, but pages 22 thru 28 of the one packet got cut off. That is why there is a second file which has pages 22 thru 28.

I am competent in electrical assembly, but I don't understand what half of the references in these documents are. Any help would be greatly appreciated, but if it could be in the form of an instruction manual similar to CTScott's cruise control instructions, I am sure that I could be successful.

Please let me know if you can see the files, or if you need me to do anything to fix them for you.

Thank you very much in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Crime Stopper -22thru28.pdf (1.28 MB, 79 views)
File Type: pdf Crime Stopper 22thru28.pdf (374.6 KB, 28 views)
Old 10-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
OK. So,if you match up your document to my Remote start wiring guide (http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24860):

Remote Start Guide Crimestopper Remote Starter

Power (+Battery): 6 Pin High Current-Red and Red
Chassis Ground: 12 Pink Low Current-Black (also 12 Pin-Red/black for (-) park light flash)
Ignition: 6 Pin High Current-Pink
Ignition #2: 6 Pin High Current-Pink/White
Starter: 6 Pin High Current-Brown
Accessory: 6 Pin High Current-Grey
Brake Switch: 12 Pin low current-Purple
Parking Lights (- pulse): 12 Pin low current-White
Tach Signal: 12 Pin low current-Red/White
Horn: 12 Pin low current-Yellow/White
Door Lock: Door Lock Connector-Green
Door Unlock: Door Lock Connector - Blue

This is all that needs to be connected. The hood switch is not a bad idea to hook up for safety, but if you don't hook it up the unit will still work.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
bad
Winterizing

Thanks again CTScott. I am going to get into it the first weekend of November. I appreciate the quick response.
Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM   #4
bad
Winterizing

I know I said I was going to do it November 1st, but I am really going to this weekend. My friend is letting me use his garage. I will try to take pictures of every step along the way!
Old 11-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #5
bad
Winterizing

I did it. It works. Thank you again! I took a lot of pictures. How do you think I should share them?
Old 02-04-2014, 01:00 PM   #6
xiaoya

Drives: 2008 Yaris
Hi Bad, congrats to your successful installation. I am trying to install one. Would you mind to share pictures by attaching to your posts (reply "Go Advanced", then "Manage attached pictures")? Thanks you.
xiaoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:22 PM   #7
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Yeah bad, that sounds like a good DIY for others to have.
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:45 PM   #8
bad
Winterizing

Hello! When do you need me to post the pictures by? I could probably post them Sunday evening if that isn't too long to wait.
Old 02-16-2014, 02:30 PM   #9
bad
Winterizing

I tried to upload the photos, but I got a message saying I needed a security token and it didn't let me. Each photo might take up more space than permitted or something.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:12 PM   #10
Brett!

Drives: 2010 3D base
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad View Post
I tried to upload the photos, but I got a message saying I needed a security token and it didn't let me. Each photo might take up more space than permitted or something.
use imgur.com, you dont have to create an account and file size is more lax.
Brett! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #11
bad
Winterizing

photos uploaded

Hey Thanks Brett!

I uploaded them. It seems like you can access them here:

http://imgur.com/a/4pQ7r#0

Try it and let me know if it works for you.

PS!!! Use the directions CT Scott gave earlier in this thread, the directions from his remote start DIY, and ALSO VERY IMPORTANT- I found it useful to have his cruise control DIY handy. They all helped me at times I swear!

If you have any questions about the pictures I will try to get back to you quickly. A few of them are turned sideways. I also added comments to about four of them.

(I hope it works and your able to see the pics and comments as I didn't register for an account on imgur or anything. I just uploaded.)
Old 03-09-2014, 07:46 PM   #12
bad
Winterizing

Did anyone find that helpful or have questions?
Old 03-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #13
reggaetonfreak
El Yoe

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Wow that was a lot of wires, I will attempt this in the coming days. Any vendor you recommend? Also do you have the part number for the CS remote start kit and any extra parts I need to get. Thanks!
Old 03-18-2014, 12:12 PM   #14
bad
Winterizing

Hey, I will answer your questions best I can tonight man.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:46 PM   #15
bad
Winterizing

Check out the instructions in my original post. They show the number I am about to give you, and will be useful if your remote start system doesn't come with them for some reason. It is a RS-4G2. The 4 means 4 button. I could do just fine with a 3 button if it doesn't have the trunk release (I didn't hook that up). You could do a one button too if you don't have power locks. I got my system for close to $36.00 on amazon which was the cheapest I saw. They have more advanced models with "page back systems." I'm really impressed with the range, I got mine to work approximately 250 yards away (I was at a higher elevation than the car.)

Make sure you read thru this post and get all the documents I mentioned such as CTScott's remote start DIY and his Cruise Controll DIY. (I needed to refer to his cruise control one at least once which was critical.)

You'll need to buy
1 Batteries (The ones mine came with were dead)
2 Splice taps in two different sizes (If you get both sizes you shouldn't have to do any soldering) (Don't forget to really press those things down hard when you use them... you could practice by cutting some smaller lengths of the wires you aren't going to use, splicing them, and testing continuity and giving them tug tests to make sure they don't break)
3 A half decent stripper that can crimp, or a crimper also
4 Alcohol and an acid brush if you're going to solder, but I recommend trying to not solder because it is an uncomfortable position to be in
5 Knee pads, tons of pads and pillows, just for all the contorted positions you'll be in
6 A head lamp
7 An extension cord and a big light
8 A wire hanger or a long peice of wire for routing wire to the hood
9 Something to poke through to the hood
10 Electrical tape
11 More wire wraps than you would think you would need
12 Umm you'll need lugs (socket contacts, or female spade contacts) of various sizes (I think I took a picture of any that I crimped)
13 Food and drink... this took me a long time, it would be great to do if you have a second car and could just take your time but I was up ALL night (I work slow and am slightly a perfectionist)
14 Diagonal Cutters
15 Screw drivers... (I think CT Scott might've listed the tools I needed for the most part in one of the DIYs I mentioned)
16 Masking tape, a sharpie, and a knife for creating "destination labels" at the ends of wires so it is easy to figure out where to put them after routing

Make sure you take off the battery terminal by turning the small bolt, not the big one which is attached to the flimsy metal like I did.

When you look at the photos, there are a few I put somewhat important comments on.

I can't think of anything else. Best of luck to you. Any questions, don't hesitate to ask, but I am sorry if I am not the fastest to reply.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:02 AM   #16
bad
Winterizing

I'm pretty sure I didn't need a ring terminal and that the ground wire already had a fork terminal on it. The red ring terminal you see in some of the photos was from the cruise control install I believe.

*** Connecting to the brake was the hardest part! If you have large forearms or hands pay attention to this: Try not connecting any connectors to the module and just taping the connectors to the point where the module will eventually be wire wrapped to, but leave some slack for just in case. Doing this will give you much more room to reach back and make the connections to the brake. You can just pop the connectors into the module last. I would recommend this.***

Tags
crimestopper, diy, remote entry, remote lock, remote start