Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2006, 06:17 AM   #1
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Quality tinter in Vegas?

I live in Las Vegas, NV. Can anyone recommend a good, reliable, quality tinter / tint shop here in Vegas?

Thanks.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 02:39 PM   #2
tomjasz
Banned

Drives: 07 Black Yaris LB, 05 Camry LE
Call Jim at Auto Brokers6145 S Decatur Blvd
Las Vegas, NV 89118
702-220-4841

I've done business with him for 20 years, my Yaris was the first of 9 toyota vehicles I did not buy from him, he has added a tint service...
tomjasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:59 AM   #3
IsLNdbOi

I just got my '07 Yaris Liftback tinted yesterday. I got my tinting done by these guys that come to the customer's home to do the tinting. Their company is simply called "Mobile Tint". They told me that they used Llumar brand film, but didn't say which one specifically. It's pretty dark and does a great job of blocking light and heat.

Anyway, is there any way to tell if they really did use Llumar film? While they were tinting my Yaris, I looked at the roll of film, but didn't see any brand / name on the tube the film was rolled around.

Finally, I'm kinda ticked because there's a scratch now on the rear passenger side window that I definitely know was not there prior to tinting. Before they came to tint, I went over my Yaris at least twice to make sure everything was fine and even cleaned outside of the windows. The scratch is about 1.5" long and vertical. It's near the bottom edge of the window over the area where there was the dark strip that goes around the window (I guess it's tinting that comes from the manufacturer).

While they were cutting the film, I noticed that they were doing the cutting right on my Yaris's window, kinda like they were tracing the shape of the window. I think that's when they scratched my window.

There's also a long scratch along the bottom of the hatch / rear window kind of behind the bottom edge of the rear window. The scratch is on the actual hatch door, not on the glass. I saw them cutting there as well and the guy that cut there just took his blade and ran it along the bottom edge of the rear window to cut the film.

The problem is that they refuse to accept or take responsibility for any of it even though I was there and saw how the scratches came to be.

How should I go about handling this? They didn't give a receipt and I paid by cash (I know that was pretty stupid of me). IS there anything I can do?
Old 09-13-2006, 08:32 AM   #4
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
I just got my '07 Yaris Liftback tinted yesterday. I got my tinting done by

How should I go about handling this? They didn't give a receipt and I paid by cash (I know that was pretty stupid of me). IS there anything I can do?

Yes, next time you ask for advise, use the input...duh!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:56 PM   #5
jmew0ng

Drives: Scion FRS
well you don't even have a receipt... they could say they never worked on your car... etc etc.

You're going to have to deal with it for now.. I don't think there's much you can do about it. I guess you could "try" to see if they will take responsibility, but it seems unlikely they would.
jmew0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
IsLNdbOi

I've been trying to contact him, but he's either ignoring my calls or just too busy to take a call. I'll give him a week to respond to me. After that, I'll try the BBB I guess.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #7
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
I've been trying to contact him, but he's either ignoring my calls or just too busy to take a call. I'll give him a week to respond to me. After that, I'll try the BBB I guess.
Is this the dude?

Mobile Window Tint
501 N Eastern Ave
Las Vegas, NV 89101-3422View Map
(702) 649-4124
Old 09-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #8
IsLNdbOi

Yes that's him.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:55 PM   #9
IsLNdbOi

Well, I went to a nice tint shop today and had them look at the tint job I got from the mobile jerks. This tint shop I went to is an authorized Llumar dealer / installer. This tint shop said that whatever the mobile ppl. put in, it was definitely not Llumar film like they said it was. Also, the tint shop took out this little gadget that they put over the window. It measured how dark the tint was and they said that the mobile ppls'. tint was more like 15% ~ 20%. I got the tint removed and had real Llumar film installed. I went with ATR 35 CH SR HPR all around. I like it much better than the crap the mobile ppl. put in. It's much easier to see out my windows now at night and there's no blocking reflection over the part of the driver and passenger side windows that block the side mirrors.

I got a receipt this time and on the back of the receipt / sheet was Llumar's warranty.

Place I went to is "Tint World" on Hacienda and Decatur here in Las Vegas. One neat thing they had was a computer that had a database of window dimensions and schematics for lots and lots of different cars. They just had to bring up my car on the computer and the machine connected to the computer would automatically cut the Llumar film the right size and shape for my windows.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:38 PM   #10
wwwh355

Drives: 07 Yaris Flint Mica
Send a message via ICQ to wwwh355
Congrats man.
Now,finally, you got your windows done professionally.
Alloy Wheels Upgrade
Extra Miles Pkg
wwwh355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:17 PM   #11
IsLNdbOi

Thanks. Had to go through some crap and some window scratches, but finally got a nice tint job. ;)
Old 09-15-2006, 11:33 PM   #12
wwwh355

Drives: 07 Yaris Flint Mica
Send a message via ICQ to wwwh355
Mine was done at the dealership.
and there is a noticable fold on the side windows.
Next time I get back there, I will tell'em to redo that one.
somehow, that fold didnt showed up at first day.
Alloy Wheels Upgrade
Extra Miles Pkg
wwwh355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:24 AM   #13
tomjasz
Banned

Quote:
I got a receipt this time and on the back of the receipt / sheet was Llumar's warranty.

Place I went to is "Tint World" on Hacienda and Decatur here in Las Vegas. One neat thing they had was a computer that had a database of window dimensions and schematics for lots and lots of different cars. They just had to bring up my car on the computer and the machine connected to the computer would automatically cut the Llumar film the right size and shape for my windows.
Would you mid sharing the cost of the second job?
Old 10-06-2006, 07:33 PM   #14
jdmkenji

Drives: Black Liftback Yaris
Had my tint done in Henderson NV close to the office by Greenvalley Pkwy and Sunset Rd. Cost me $140 for all windows in my Liftback. I like the guy over there plus had him do the alarm and Keyless Entry. He uses an actual computer cutter with the Yaris window templates so its exact and there is no cutting on the car itself.
878-3155 4625 E Sunset Rd.

Also if you go to Decatur Fantastic Swapmeet the guy also gave a $140 price quote.
jdmkenji is offline   Reply With Quote