Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-18-2012, 11:53 PM   #1
terryc

Drives: Toyota 2012 Yaris LE HB
2012 Yaris LE Hatchback - Bluetooth

Hi All,

I just got a brand spanking new 2012 Yaris LE 5 door Hatchback - and I am really liking it. It is great on gas and that is good thing as we are at about $1.45 a Liter these days and we have an additional 2 cents on the way July 1st (BC has a carbon tax).

I have an iPhone 4s - which I have paired with the Yaris and uploaded all my contacts to the Phone Book (that was easy) as well I have add 5 numbers to the Speed Dial function.

The question is can I use Voice Commands to dial contacts? If so how does one get that to happen - I have tried holding down the off hook button but nothing happens. I do have a sun-visor Bluetooth device that has no problem allowing voice commands to the iPhone 4s.

By the looks of things American 2012 Yaris cars have a different Bluetooth/radio system than we Canadians get.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Terry.
terryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
If the car multimedia deck came with a manual I'd flip through it quick to see if the words "voice activated command" are present. THere are few people on this forum still, who have a 2012.. we unfortunately can't be much help with newer features
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:30 PM   #3
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
My sister just bought one with the Bluetooth-enabled head unit. I spent a good half an hour trying to get the voice command dialing to work. Had the phone in hand and could see the two icons on it for when it was speaking and when it was listening, but couldn't hear anything, so we couldn't figure out when it was giving the prompt for a command. Good luck, and let us know if you figure it out!

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:20 PM   #4
terryc

Drives: Toyota 2012 Yaris LE HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmck03 View Post
My sister just bought one with the Bluetooth-enabled head unit. I spent a good half an hour trying to get the voice command dialing to work. Had the phone in hand and could see the two icons on it for when it was speaking and when it was listening, but couldn't hear anything, so we couldn't figure out when it was giving the prompt for a command. Good luck, and let us know if you figure it out!
Thank you for the reply.. I have since found out that there is no voice command capability in the Canadian version. It took some effort to find that out.

The manual was little help and you there is no reference to voice command Bluetooth. I love the car - and the Bluetooth does work using the phone book function/speed dial.

Cheers, Terry.
terryc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth, iphone 4s