Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #1
crazylegs

Drives: 2007 Yaris
OK Don't Laugh but what is the Best andriod app for Dyno, and Speed tests?

i picked one up the other day PerfExpert and i actually paid for it but something about it's consistency i don't like.

Just looking for something that is fairly consistent if that is possible so i can test my upgrades, to see if there was even a tiny bit of improvement. the last car i modded was 13 years back and we didn't have a dyno in the city. so i would just do a stop watch test run the car from 2000rpm to redline in 2nd gear and a buddy would time it. SO i think an app could do that and take out human error on the stop watch

so in reality is there an app that more accurately record this type of test it would be nice it would start and stop based on the RPM then i could floor the car at 1500rpm in 2nd gear and the timer would start at 2000 and stop at 6500 or whatever i have it set at.

i might dyno my car and hit the track stock before the season is up just to get a real baseline and then compare it after a bunch of mods are done but i don't think i would want to waste the money on dynoing every mod i do. same with hitting the track it might just be a once year thing as the nearest track is over 1 hour away and it's boring drive.
crazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #2
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
I picked up a cheap OBDII bluetooth adapter for less than $10 on amazon and use torque pro. It will give you all the info you're looking for and more. They have a free version you can try.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...owl.torquefree
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 06:43 PM   #3
crazylegs

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Nice already ordered one of those things on aliexpress when I saw that obd2 code checkers were 150 plus locally. That is good to hear that the torque app is more then just for diaognostics.
crazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #4
Rigaud

Drives: 2009 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
I picked up a cheap OBDII bluetooth adapter for less than $10 on amazon and use torque pro. It will give you all the info you're looking for and more. They have a free version you can try.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...owl.torquefree

2009 Toyota Yaris (Little toy)
2002 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 3.0L (Big boy toy)
1998 Subaru Legacy GT 2.5 (winter & DD)
Rigaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
mr_miles

Drives: 2013 Yaris
Torque works great if your phone has a menu button. If you have the galaxy S5, don't bother. No menu button, and Torque doesn't have a menu icon. I was sad when I upgraded and I wasn't able to use it :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
Ahhh now I see. Your backseat pulls out, but you don't. :)
mr_miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:05 AM   #6
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
Torque has menu button on screen. My nexus 7 2013, runs torque everytime I drive.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote