Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #1
2009Toyotoad

Drives: 2009 Yaris 3dr
Replacing OEM wheels and tires this fall

Let me say this forum and the Tire Rack website have been very informative and helpful. I Like the Enkei RPF1 15 X 7 wheels but the recomended tire size is 185 60 R15. This was curious because because nearly all the tires in that size all spec at 5" to 6.5" width.

I'm also curious as to how much the stock steel wheels weight as compared 9.5 lb Enkei wheels. I've seen to weight for the 14 inch steel rims elsewhere in a forum but not the 15" OEM steel rims.

Does anyone know if I can reuse the TPMS sensors from the stock steel wheels in the Enkei RPF1 15x7 wheels? Or is there a preferred sensor for that wheel? From the pictures if seen there is a short steel valve stem model that looks sharp but I can't tell if its a TPMS sensor valve or just a fancy metal tire valve.

Tire rack list two color choices for the RPF1 wheel. Anyone know if there are other color optons besides having them repainted to another color?

On tires my OEM GY Eagle LS are just over 4/32nd in some spots I checked. At just over 33,000 miles, I expected a much longer life, but since most of my miles are freeway I'm not entirely surprised. Would switching to a high performance all season radial tire last longer? I'm happy with the current tire size and not wanting to change sizes.
2009Toyotoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 11:24 PM   #2
TOUGEghost
Mr. Clean

Drives: 2009 Yaris S 3-Door
As far as I know, RPF1's come in silver, black, bronze, gold and "SBC" (shiny) finish. Not sure if the stock TPMS sensor's will work with the RPF1's, but you can get a set of compatible sensors installed by Tirerack. I didn't bother to do that with mine since I don't mind checking my tire pressure and the light on the dash doesn't bother me.
TOUGEghost is offline   Reply With Quote