Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-19-2008, 11:57 PM   #19
battleversiontc

Drives: 08 vip yaris
ive been running a nitrous setup in my scion tc which has a plastic with a 50 shot dry set up has the same no return line fuel pressure dont have to worry about it the wet system has to up the fuel pressure to prevent a drop in fuel pressure due to the valve opening up when nitrous is turned on mine runs on a rpm based window switch from msd turns on at 3000 rpm so long you are running full throttle and octane above or at 92 your fine. ive ran dry systems through 4 cars already no problems my scion tc, 2 acura rsx, and scion xb. wet systems are more common to engine backfires due to the fact of fuel being added dry systems are not.
mecp masters certified
battleversiontc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:07 AM   #20
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
a 755 hp crx?!
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #21
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by battleversiontc View Post
ive been running a nitrous setup in my scion tc which has a plastic with a 50 shot dry set up has the same no return line fuel pressure dont have to worry about it the wet system has to up the fuel pressure to prevent a drop in fuel pressure due to the valve opening up when nitrous is turned on mine runs on a rpm based window switch from msd turns on at 3000 rpm so long you are running full throttle and octane above or at 92 your fine. ive ran dry systems through 4 cars already no problems my scion tc, 2 acura rsx, and scion xb. wet systems are more common to engine backfires due to the fact of fuel being added dry systems are not.
That was quite a mouth full, huh?
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 03:23 AM   #22
battleversiontc

Drives: 08 vip yaris
ls block sleeved
gsr head stock cams
je pistons
crower rods
rc 1200cc injectors
aeromotive a1000 fuel pump
garrett gt 4294
sumped tank
odx diff
dss stage 3 axles
skunk 2 intake manifold
gsr trans
made 755 whp with a chrome tune

previous set up
ls sleeved
gsr head
ls bottom end
eagle rods
je pistons
garrett t 60-1
dsm injectors
gsr trans
stock axles
stock trans
made 504 whp

the difference to jump to 755 $4000

built the car had it already to go then they closed the track so now it just kinda sits there and chills

and yeah that was kinda of a mouth full
mecp masters certified
battleversiontc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #23
Reddog99

Drives: '08 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticorex View Post
Just a fyi since there seems to be no OFFICIAL advice here......
You won't ever hear any OFFICIAL advice since Toyota would never sanction nitrous.
All you ever get are opinions, and you know what they say about opinions...
Reddog99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 11:51 AM   #24
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
well imo (not that you are asking for it) i don't really appreciate nitrous. Its like chugging down a steroid drink or something. its better to spend money on other performance mods. Too many kids running around with 2 bottles of NOS on the back of their stock hatchback civic swearing they are god.

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #25
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealEnth View Post
well imo (not that you are asking for it) i don't really appreciate nitrous. Its like chugging down a steroid drink or something. its better to spend money on other performance mods. Too many kids running around with 2 bottles of NOS on the back of their stock hatchback civic swearing they are god.
It is the cheapest, easiest form of power around. Period. It has its place, but using it correctly and knowing what it is doing to your engine is a whole other matter. For all we know, you could throw 50 shots at a stock 1NZ for years without damaging a thing. Nobody knows, but boy do we have a lot of speculation.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 01:02 PM   #26
turboecho2005

Drives: 2005 Toyota Echo
The only time nitrous should be used is when you have a massive turbo to spool up

Nitrous does have its place... Its super cheap for the power you get. But remember it can get expensive if you have to keep refilling the bottle. So sure its cheap the 1st bottle and the 2nd bottle... but what about the 10th bottle? or 20th bottle? at that point you might want to consider some form of forced induction or n/a bolt-ons instead.

My 2 cents.

1987 Nissan Maxima - 40,000 original miles - Slammed
1991 Isuzu Impulse RS AWD Turbo - approx 250hp - Winter Beater
1989 Isuzu Imark RS - Mint Condition - 0 rust - 100% factory :) - Summer Cruiser - 100% restored
1986 VW Jetta Wolfsburg - 120,000km - Mint condition. TDI swap in progress
turboecho2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #27
at3GG

Drives: 07 metmet LB
Let me start by saying I've never owned a F.I car or one with nitrous......

I get annoyed when people call nitrous "cheap" or "sneaky" or call those who use it cheaters. Why exactly is that? Is not a professional tune or upgraded turbos on a stock looking car "cheating"? I don't get it. A turbocharged mustang that makes 400whp is awesome but a mustang that makes it on spray is looked down upon oftentimes. On the same note, using racing octane gas at the track is cheating too. If i am at the track and have the opportunity to drive one of two cars....i'll pick the faster one...whether its on spray, whining or spooling. End speech.

Konig Heliums 15x6.5 Black
Tanabe Df210's
at3GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 04:08 PM   #28
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Nos isn't any worse than a Turbo is. Just don't run ridiculus shots and you'll be fine. Same with a turbo. Don't run an insane boost number, and you'll be fine.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:35 PM   #29
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
Before testing on the lkow-buck turbo system began, we ran tests on a 40-hp shot using an NOS kit on our Yaris. We ran through a whole bottle atthis power level and never had any backfires or intake damage due to temperature. I have run nitrous with composite intakes on a wide variety fo different applications (inlcuding the 1.8L Scion Xb) and never had an issue with cracking. We even ran the 40-hp jetting on our modified Yaris (120 wheel hp before the nitrous). The result was (peak numbers of) 162 wheel hp and 155 lbs. ft. of torque on the 1.5L Yaris. This was a wet kit injecting nitrous and fuel between MAF and throttle body. Their cracking intake theory is just that-a theroy-real data always works best.
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 04:33 PM   #30
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
i ran a 40shot with no issues.. it would take a very large amount of nitrous to crack your intake manifold..
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote