Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
Runethecursed

Drives: 2009 Yaris S
Seat Time Project: Name needed

Gents!

I thought I would add a Build log and page for the ongoing process with my 09 Yaris Hatch. I'll be posting random questions up here, and updates on progress as it happens (At least if I say it'll happen that's more motivation to make it happen right?)

About the Driver.
27 year old from the midwest farmlands who ended up traveling the US with the Services, My experience with cars started at a young age where my father taught me to drive on an 82 rx7 and my first real manual car was a 92 Protege, the same car by the by which was used to teach 4 other cousins and my sister. RIP Little Protege.

Since striking it on my own I've owned over 20 cars, I'm sure I'll post a list of vehicles when I feel somber enough to remember them all. But they range from old-school steel to trucks, European sedans, and your normal JDM trash.

My Current Lineup is a humble 2006 Saab 97x Arc/5.3i which I nicknamed the Rhino because it's like a unicorn only.. portly
and the 09 Yaris which is currently unnamed...

Previously I owned my actual dream car and the biggest jimmy rustler of all time a 2010 Aurora Blue Mazda RX8 R3 edition. I will always love that car but I was just not keen on racing it. More on that later.

My overall goal for this Yaris is to delve into the world of cheap and effective racing and track days to bolster my own abilities and skills and just because I want it. This Yaris already came with the stripped interior, 4 point cage, a handful of suspension braking and tire modifications and the gauges. Effectively I believe I bought a 500 dollar car that had about 4,000 dollars of modifications and work done on it.

Without Further Ado:

2009 Toyota Yaris
82k miles
Federal RS-RR tires
15 inch Kosei K1 TS rims
5 full size spare
Roll cage ( still working on paperwork to get it certified)
Crow Racing Harnesses
Defi Tachometer
Glowsport Oil Pressure and Coolant temp gauges
Micro Image Shift Extender
Micro Image SSK underhood and inner body
Weathertech Wind Deflectors
Cusco front and rear swaybars
Tien Street Master Z coilovers
Poly Bushings up front
Chopped (MCM) Exhaust/catback
Hawk HPS pads
Cryotech Rotors
Goodridge Stainless steel front lines
OMP racing pedals

Soon:
Tanabe Touring Catback
NRG Racing seat
NRG Deep dish wheel
NRG Hub adapter
NRG Hub Lock
Lathewerkes custom knob
Hydro-handbrake
Camry Front Calipers (once pads get worn... might take a while)
Upgrade front rotors
Custom Front and Rear aero
Livery...
Bluetooth Radio install
Bee*R rev limiter (Had this for years and years...)
Bee*R Shift Lamp (same, I think this was from my 3rd? 240sx?)
DC Sports exhaust header
1ZZ throttle body with custom ported intake manifold (working out how...)
AEM EMS 4
Radium AOS
A/C Delete
Rally Style Hood Scoop
Stiffer Springs...

The overall goal while seemingly expensive is to build a reliable and cheap track ready car, that has some 'resident f*ckboi' status stuff for kicks. I've already put about 500 miles behind the wheel and am aching for more wheel time and get some hours on the track to really push it. Working out suspension rates right now and alignment. As well as losing weight personally.

Even with the list of modifications included I feel this chassis is one of the cheapest "new" chassis to build and race. Sure Miata this and blah, in the words of Trump, "sounds good doesn't work" (I'm 6 foot 4 and hate having my knees touch the dash.... I'm More leg than torso) So this is next best.

Reasons for Yaris vs other B segmented cars? This one already came modified. I also like the junkyard ability to swap in other parts lego style...The mazda/chevy cannot do that and the honda... well first gen Fit's are rather leaky ey?

Photos of car

Stock Pedals, with the Classic Toyota "don't touch the gas pedal so we hid it"

So I changed it. Cheap 25 dollar modification, highly Recommended.

Shifter Extention, Check Ebay for listing

Mucha better

and the knob that bought it

Last edited by Runethecursed; 03-06-2018 at 09:48 PM.
Runethecursed is offline   Reply With Quote