Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #91
Twistoffate0817
My Little Blue Egg :)

Drives: '09 3 door Yaris
I honestly believe my pedal is affected. It is hard to push at times, and is weird.
Twistoffate0817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #92
Leslie

Drives: 2010 Yaris
Toyota is aware of the Yaris problem. the Matrix has the same problem. Toyota was more than happy to work with me on the Yaris issue and I have a case number assigned to the VIN.

thanks for the 5K problem, I got that solved by changing to AMSOIL 0W30 and a new filter and the reset procedure. Should be good for more than 5K miles on full synthetic oil and better the 45MPG we have been getting since it is ageing in a little more.

Toyota will get this fixed, they always do fix a problem. The local dealer leaves a little to be desired. The 800 # is great and after you listen to a long recording of all the makes and models you can actually get a human.

1-800-331-4331 is the number I was given to call and it is good for any Toyota model and issue.

BTW they were impressed with the near 400K miles on the Celica and near 200K miles on the Tacoma.
Leslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #93
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by YANNA07 View Post
I have a 07 LB, 5 speed, speed control, 30K miles. The other day while backing from a parking space the throttle would not respond to the accellerator pedal. After about 5seconds everything was back to normal. No problem since. Does make one a bit anxious.
the first year I owned my car it had some funky electrical glitches, maybe within the first 6months - year: it had a hard time starting, turning the starter many times, turning the engine a few times, dash board lights flashed on and off and then the engine turned on and then off and then on again. that kind of thing happened twice so far. that second time i was like, oh crap and then waited a sec and then started to driver her off and she started to jump a bit (fuel cutoff?), flashing dashlights more and it played with the rev's. the whole thing was very strange and made it seem like some clunky console video game haha. since then, it's been straight and narrow and has not given me a problem yet. but that thought always sits in my head about how computer controlled this car really is.
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #94
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
that dealers know s%$T... yaris is not even affected since yaris still made in japan..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #95
BuildCode

Drives: Black 5-Spd Sedan S
Of course the HONDA salesperson told you your Toyota is worth less!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:28 PM   #96
marcus
toyota

not affected are Toyota Prius, Tacoma, Sienna, Venza, Solara, Yaris, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser, Highlander hybrids and Camry hybrids
Old 01-28-2010, 07:29 PM   #97
marcus
toyota

not affected are Toyota Prius, Tacoma, Sienna, Venza, Solara, Yaris, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, Land Cruiser, Highlander hybrids and Camry hybrids
Old 01-28-2010, 07:30 PM   #98
UTVitz

Drives: Black Vitz Liftback
Any reason to low ball a person on their trade I say. Sell it private party or prepare to give it up for whole sale. And from everything I've read so far the cars with Japenese Denso parts are perfectly fine. Just some little connection wearing out prematurely from CTS-US built components in the floor pedal.
UTVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:16 PM   #99
specialeducator

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Actually, I am planning on sticking with my car a long time. That's the reason I bought a Toyota.
specialeducator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:32 PM   #100
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTVitz View Post
Any reason to low ball a person on their trade I say.
QFT.
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #101
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Twist...you went to buy a civic when you have an 09 Yaris? Yeah, the salesman thinks he's got an easy mark, I'm afraid. And "yes", your value will appear to suck on a 1-year old car. You are smack dab in the worst possible spot for depreciation. After a couple more years, your depreciation will level-off when many other cars continue to drop. Of course, the Yaris is an economy car at heart, and will never have high resale, other than compared to similar market vehicles. Even Mini Coopers and Prius' take a big hit at resale in the first 2 years, and they are high on the supply/demand curve.

Take a look at what Echo's are selling for in the US used market. I found that they were about a grand higher than most 2000-01 Econo-boxes (Kia, Hyundai, Mazda, Chevy, Ford, etc.) In about 8-10 years, your Yaris will have good value because it will still run well and be reliable while much of the competition in this segment will be worth $1500-$2000. Yaris might be closer to $3K. You didn't really expect to get more than 75% of what you paid after a year, I hope.

Always plan on eating 40% of what you pay for a new car. The trick is to be 100% paid off by the time that 40% mark rolls around (usually about 3 years), then sell privately and reinvest in another car. With some cars you get lucky and get a little more for it, but the key is to pay it off in 3 years. That's the highest point on the resale curve, relative to cost and value.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #102
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by specialeducator View Post
Actually, I am planning on sticking with my car a long time. That's the reason I bought a Toyota.
Best idea of all, and most financially-sound. No car payment for 5 or 6 years after the loan is paid is super-sweet!
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #103
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
yeah anyone selling a toyota now is gonna get screwed,bad idea,should of kept it and enjoyed it......but if not happy with car then hey perhaps it was not right for you.
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #104
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
I've had to double stomp on the gas to get the car to downshift and increse speed a few times while merging into busy traffic.
Something like this would happen; Go to on ramp, floor it as you merge and.... NO response! Had to "restomp" to get things "back" again, kinda scary.... The car did'nt stall, it just did'nt rev any higher or downshift with the pedal floored......
Boy, I hope Toyota can get outta this mess and come out on top. I HATE hearing about this recall thing everytime I say I own a Toyota...

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #105
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:31 PM   #106
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
HONDA dealers don't like to give good trade ins or discounts . It's the car that sells itself . Thats why we buy TOYOTAs . More chance of a dealer discount and the TOYO rebates that go along with good trade in value . Otherwise we'd have a HONDA by now . Last , HONDA dealers act like they're doing you a favor or just ignore you when in their showroom or on the lot . Can't always judge a book by its cover .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:34 PM   #107
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
best trade in is always at the dealer of said model being traded in
Old 01-28-2010, 11:49 PM   #108
toyo

Drives: toyota
sell your yaris elsewhere, don't believe everything a salesperson says, you should be ok lol

seriously, sell it on your own and then get the honda