Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Suggestions - Feedback - Questions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-08-2016, 05:44 PM   #1
NXyaris

Drives: yaris t3 spirit auto
Unhappy Dashboard lights and exterior park lights going off

Hi Everyone.
I am new here, so I hope I am doing this correctly. I have a 2006 Yaris sedan auto; have had it for 10 years, absolutely trouble-free. But last week a problem arose with the headlight cct. The dashboard lights (including console and radio lights) started to momentarily switch-off by itself. After experiencing the problem several times I realized that it goes off most often as soon as I switch to BRIGHT beam after driving for a long time on DIPPED beam. The dash lights go off, but come back on after 2-3 seconds. Now, however, about a week later, the dashboard lights don't come on anymore and I realise that the taillights and park light go off together with the dashboard lights. (previously I was driving the car when the problem occurred so I could not see any of the exterior lights, but now the problem is evident when the car is parked). The DIPPED BEAM and BRIGHT BEAM headlights are not affected; they switch on as required. Sometimes, if I 'play' with the rotary headlight switch, rotating it very slowly, I can turn on the dashboard lights, but it is not guaranteed. The headlights however always come on. Problem is now I cannot drive the car at night due to no taillights. Does anyone have a headlight cct wiring schematic, or maybe has had this problem before. Maybe you can refer me to a good website that I can dnld a schematic. Thanks in advance. NXyaris.
NXyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:30 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Check the connector at the base of the headlight stalk for a loose wire. Turn the lights on and wiggle the wires one by one.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:46 PM   #3
NXyaris

Drives: yaris t3 spirit auto
Hi,
I have removed this connector several times....it did seem good but your tip is worth checking out again.
Rgds,
NXyaris
NXyaris is offline   Reply With Quote