Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-21-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
yarisdude3

Drives: 09 HB 5 speed Bayou
Yaris HB back seat delete with added cargo room

Hi yaris world,

I have been on this site many times before and never posted anything before. Here is my install of my version of a cargo yaris.

This is my 3rd HB 5speed yaris, this car is hard to beat IMO. I buy and sell cars a lot but I'll be keeping this one for a while. I just picked this one up last week, had to drive 250 miles to get it. 53k with cruise and power windows 6k OTD.

First I took the back seats out.
I then went to the handy dandy home depot to get a 3/4 piece of plywood. I had them cut it into 4 pieces with lots of scrap left over. I then used a piece of cardboard to make a template for the sides to make the curves. I used a sawsall to make my cuts (for better results use a jigsaw, I was to cheap to get one). I then layed out a frame using the scrap wood. Bought a box of 1 5/8 drywall wall screw s and 2 piano hinges. Fabbed up the frame and scewed down the 4 original pieces. Had to make some adjustments, including where the spare tire would fit. Originally under the front piece where it hinges I had a long piece of wood that went across the whole back seat to support it but it was too long for the spare tire to fit. I then had to make an adjustment there that's why you see the long piano and there.

All materials cost me roughly $38.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks
Attached Images

yarisdude3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 01:11 PM   #2
yarisdude3

Here are some other mods I did to the car, scan gauge mount, debagged, tablet mount, hitch and tint 20% back 50% front.
Attached Images

Old 02-21-2016, 06:53 PM   #3
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Very cool, from a functional perspective. I enjoy reading about these types of mods. A few members have done something similar and used their Yaris as a mobile motel. Any thoughts of doing that now that you have a nice flat space in the back?
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 11:21 PM   #4
yarisdude3

Thanks! I have seen those posts as well. In order to lay down, at least for the night, you'd have to take out the passenger seat so you can lay down flat.

I need the extra cargo area for work, so no plans at sleeping in the yaris anytime soon.
Old 02-22-2016, 06:25 PM   #5
oxide

Drives: Base
nice, you hauling alot of gear around i guess.
i miss my mazda 3 hb, open it up and pop a 8' 2x4 in there no prob
sHIFT Radio 101.5 9-11pm http://www.umfm.com
http://soundcloud.com/oxide
http://oxide.bandcamp.com/
07 Yaris HB
05 Yamaha Vino 70CC Heavily Modded
oxide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:40 AM   #6
yarisdude3

Yes there will be a lot of gear, I work construction and will have some test equipment in there. Also for the hitch I have a swingaway attachment that will hold my wheelbarrow.