Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > UK
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
myahya
I've made a post!

Drives: toyota yaris
Yaris acceleration problem

Hi all , my 1999 1.3 Auto vvti yaris has an acceleration issue.
It happens when I start from cold( in the morning) for the first 5-10 minutes when I press the acceleration it takes around 4-5 seconds to accelerate, sometimes I have to press/release the accelerator quickly few times (like pumping the gas) for it to move. Cna anyone suggest whats wrong with it.
It has the check engine light on ( but this has been on for years and I know I should have get it checked but it has been running fine , this has just started to happen few months ago).
Thanks
myahya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
f2raf

Drives: toyota yaris
I am experiencing exactly the same problem with my car, its very dangerous as sometimes pulling away from a junction its very slow. Please can anyone help
f2raf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #3
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
my bet is on ether dirty air filter or mass flow sensor need to be cleaned..

"Horsepower is how fast you hit the object. Torque is how far you move that object.."
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by myahya View Post
It has the check engine light on ( but this has been on for years and I know I should have get it checked but it has been running fine , this has just started to happen few months ago).
This is a concern.

In another vehicle I had a check engine light caused by a faulty o2 sensor. Vehicle ran fine, but I was advised by several people to fix it as it would eventually lead to a fouled catalytic converter.

Ignoring a check engine light is never a good thing. Get that code checked asap.

Tags
acceleration, auto, yaris