Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-18-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
Anyone Going to Rolex 24 in Daytona?

The wife unit and myself are flying out next Tuesday for Daytona Beach Florida to attend the 50th running of the Rolex 24 Hours. We were wondering if anyone on here was also attending? This marks the sixth year I will attend and the forth time for my wife. We are looking forward to seeing old friends, as in drivers, crew members, and even race officials, all of which we've known for more years than I care to admit. This years race marks the first time for a hand full of drivers, including Brian Johnson (lead singer AC/DC) and Allen McNish winner of the 24 Hour of LeMan with Audi. The main reason my wife is looking forward to going again this year, is to see Patric Dempsey (Gray's Anatomy) whom she meet at VIR (Virginia International Raceway) a few years ago, oh yea and to try out her new Canon Eos Rebel for better action shots.

Let me know if your coming and we'll try to make plans to meet somewhere and we can introduce you to some of our racing buddies!

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 11:21 AM   #2
ilikerice

Drives: 2010 black yaris
Some guys in my scca region are going. Not in my budget to go. I have never been but Id like to go one day
Old 01-19-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
racerb

Drives: 2010 Yaris HB Blazin' Blue
Yea we probebly wouldn't be going either, if it weren't for the fact my wife travels for her work. She had enough frequent flyer, hotel, and rental car points, to make it so tickets to the race were the only major expense. In fact we are saving enough, that we plan on hitting Universal Studios in Orlando on Wednesday as a way to kill some time.

racerb
'98 Rav4L
'01 Tundra SR5
racerb is offline   Reply With Quote