Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-16-2017, 07:44 PM   #1
monkeydave

Drives: 2016 yaris icon
shh shh shh noise at tickover

does anyone else get a shh shh shh noise at tickover when cold? it is too slow to be the aux belt, i hope it isnt the cam chain or a pulley bearing

it doesnt start right away maybe 30 seconds after startup and then it is there for a few mins, you only hear it if you drive the car 1/4 mile and then get out, if you get back in and drive some more till it is a bit warmer the noise goes away completely, when it is doing the noise and if you rev the engine the noise speeds up so is pulley belt or chain related.

i will keep my eye on it till my 1st service in october, the trouble is even though the dealer is a mile away from my house the noise will have gone away by the time i get there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeJ59pHwNgI

here is a video of the noise, it is the shh shh shh noise on top of the normal engine sound, the car has 5000 miles on it

thanks guys
monkeydave is offline   Reply With Quote