Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-17-2009, 10:39 AM   #1
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
My 88 MR2 Hardtop project

a little back story:

This car was traded to my mechanic for some work done on another MR2. The story was this was somebodies car, they ended up buying a t-top MR2 that needed work so they just started stripping parts of the hardtop to use on the t-top

so my mechanic buddy was going to use it for a v8 racer but i told him i wanted it for a daily driver since i love the MR2 so much. I ended up haggling him down to 350 bucks for it and he told me i could keep it in his backyard till i get it back to running. so we made the deal and the project began.

im picking up mostly everything else Friday and will be working on it saturday

so far i figured i could get the car & all the parts and get it running for under 1K which im at about 900 bucks with all the part needed so it looks like its going to happen.

But now were talking about pulling the engine and putting in a 20V so we'll see how it goes

car has a clean title and has no body rust. just a little surface rust on the damaged front fender but thats all pulled so its a clean body car and great for project

right now our TC is also at his house getting a custom turbo set up installed!

were running out of room at our house, this is our 5th car now lol

Heres a few pics how i got it

Trashed Interior

Pulled the front fenders off, looks like the person hit a pole or it rolled into a pole or something so we ended up pulling the whole front end off and installing a new one

added in the right tail lights

Bolted on both front fenders and the hood

http://www.4055design.com

Last edited by kustom play; 12-17-2009 at 10:49 AM.
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote