Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #1
so40

Drives: 07 Yaris S
Bluetooth Kit Info

I installed a new Parrot CK3100 Bluetooth car kit in my US Yaris "S" sedan recently. It seems to work fine so far, but I haven't had a lot of time to play with it. I used a wiring adapter sold by parrotkits.com to install it. It worked real well. The kit I used is there QCToy-1 Toyota adapter for "NON JBL" equipped Toyota's. It required NO wire cutting or splicing, it is plug and play. You replace 2 of the 3 connectors on the back of the radio with there adapter and leave the 3rd connector (20 pin with small round pins) connected to the original connector. Then all of the Parrot kit connections go to the 4 remaining plugs on the adapter. Works great and beats having to cut and splice....no power wires or anything to mess with. I thought some of you might be interested in this.

Mike
Old 09-29-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
Glad to see someone got one of these! The Parrot BT kits are top notch!
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:51 PM   #3
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
If I install this Parrot Kit, will I still be able to leave my AUX plug plugged in so I can still plug an ipod or anything else with a 3.5mm plug, into it?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:55 AM   #4
so40

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
If I install this Parrot Kit, will I still be able to leave my AUX plug plugged in so I can still plug an ipod or anything else with a 3.5mm plug, into it?
Yes. It does not change anything. Well, using the adapter kit I used it doesn't change anything. I assume if you did the wiring yourself and spliced into the correct wires it would not change either.

Mike
Old 09-30-2006, 01:20 AM   #5
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Hmmm... So if I got this Parrot kit, to keep my aux jack, I'd need to cut wires, etc.? This Parrot kit doesn't have inputs in the back to connect the aux jack?
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 07:36 AM   #6
paultyler_82

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
Hmmm... So if I got this Parrot kit, to keep my aux jack, I'd need to cut wires, etc.? This Parrot kit doesn't have inputs in the back to connect the aux jack?
No, I'd use the Parrot wiring kit as well, save you from having to figure out the headaches of making a wiring harness.... basically, the Parrot hooks inline between the car's speaker wiring plug and your head unit, that way everything works the same and it can mute your stereo when you have an incoming call and play the phone call through the car speakers. If hooked up correctly, this thing doesn't need to even touch your Aux port.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:38 AM   #7
manborn
are u still 34/39?

Drives: flint mica yaris s sedan
any pics or links to get these babies? or maybe a tutorial
manborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
so40

Bluetooth Kits Etc.

You can find all of the Parrot products at:
http://www.driveblue.com

You can find info on the adapter at:
http://www.parrotkits.com

The radio in my Yaris S is a fujitsu ten and it is the intergrated model, single cd mp3 etc. After the install with this adapter everything works just like it did before in regards to the stereo and aux plug. I still have my XM receiver in the aux plug and all is fine. The CK3100 uses the stereo speakers and mutes the radio while in use.

Do a Google for Parrot bluetooth kits and you will find many sites.

Mike
Old 09-30-2006, 08:02 PM   #9
paultyler_82

Quote:
Originally Posted by manborn
any pics or links to get these babies? or maybe a tutorial
You can also find these on ebay all the time, just search for parrot bluetooth
Old 10-05-2006, 10:17 AM   #10
randog

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Hey All,

I just bought a Yaris Sedan about 2 months ago and have been driving the streets of Manhattan/Brooklyn and love it.

I was thinking of getting the Scosche bluetooth kit (http://www.scosche.com/scosche_bluet...&ItemID=IUBCKH) it comes with a mic for cellphone and wireless transmitter for ipod.

The problem is I am a newbie when it comes to stereo installation and it looks like this kit uses an RCA connector for the audio and it's power input looks like it wasn't designed to be placed in-dash. I'd have to know what I was doing, i'd have to cut and splice, etc...

I would like to use this parrot kit, with the wiring adaptor but how will it work with third party bluetooth transmitters (if I were to buy an audio transmitter for my ipod?)
randog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #11
randog

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Ok... I found out that the Parrot MK6000 does what I need but it won't be coming out until December. I suppose I will have to wait.
randog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:58 AM   #12
Jfoofoo

Drives: 07 Yaris HB Meteorite Metallic
http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/19/s...ith-bluetooth/
Jfoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #13
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Myself, I'm using a Garmin Nuvi 310 GPS which has built-in Bluetooth

Only thing is, it does not mute the stereo..
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:13 PM   #14
Yanick

Drives: Yaris 2007 sedan
Hi everyone, seems like this thread is been dead since 2006 but I write hoping someone can help me...

I bought an EGO FLASH bluetooth handsfree and a QCTOY-1 harness adapter, I have not received it yet but I was reading the instruction on the EGO website and it seems that you have three possible wires for the radio mute on the harness...

Someone knows witch wire to use on the Yaris? (2007 sedan, stock radio)

Thank's !
Yanick is offline   Reply With Quote