Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-06-2011, 01:20 PM   #1
GoneCamping

Drives: Yaris sedan
BluLogic / Parrot installation

Hi everyone,

I've search the forums for more information, but either the existing threads are old, or they don't apply to my particular question(s). Sorry if I missed the answer somewhere...

I've decided to install a bluetooth adapter for hands-free cell use. I'm hesitating between the BluLogic OEM kit and the Parrot MKi9000. Both are about $180-$200 depending on where you buy (ebay, etc.)

According to Toyota's website, BluLogic is not compatible with JBL radios, and lists only years '08 and '09 as compatible. Does the BluLogic unit work with a 2011 Yaris 4-door sedan? As far as I can tell, I don't have the JBL head unit, but I'm not 100% sure. How can I tell if it is? Mine does not have "JBL" anywhere on it, but that's probably not enough to conclude. Here's a picture from Toyota's website: that's exactly what I have... is this JBL? If not, then I'm assuming BluLogic works with this, correct?

Also, for those of you who have BluLogic (either stock or retro-fitted), where have you installed the interface buttons? I have a knock-out next to the handbrake, right beside where the traction control switch is located, and I'm thinking of using that.

Thanks!

GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #2
GoneCamping

Drives: Yaris sedan
Bump... Anyone?
GoneCamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:24 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I have the install guide for the Blu Logic system. It lists factory navigation and JBL audio as the "conflicts". Considering that factory nav is not an option over here, I think that those two may be generic warnings. You can verify that it's not a JBL, by checking the label on the top of the radio. You have to pull the trim, remove the mounting screws and pull the radio out a couple of inches to read it.