Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #1
slnko2003

Drives: Toyota Yaris Semi-Auto
Yaris Gearbox gear change problem?

Just bought a Yaris 30K On clock
Semi Auto
1 Litre

When the car changes gear in auto the engine revs die for a moment before the higher gear engages and then the engine speeds up.
The garage owner told me this was normal for Yaris.
My boyfriend says no it must be a clutch actuator issue?
Could be quite dangerous when you need speed quickly.

Is this normal for a Toyota Yaris Semi -Automatic?

Thanks for any replies

Lydia
slnko2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
slnko2003

Drives: Toyota Yaris Semi-Auto
Using the manual gearbox up down selector the problem doesnt seem to exist.

Has anyone else got this issue or is it just normal for a Yaris.

When it is set to automatic on the gears every time it tries to change gear there is a momentary pause which the dealer has re-assured me is normal for a semi-auto gearbox as it doesnt do this when it is in manual mode?

I presume from the lack of replies that this is normal but the car now wont start at all although all the lights in the dashboard light up but the engine wont turn over at all - not even a click from the starter motor.

I am so disappointed in my little Yaris - I had thought from all the reviews that the car was a great reliable little runner but I have only had it for a few months and the problems just seem to be getting worse. Now I cant even start it - most depressing.

Any advice greatly appreciated as this is really making me wish I had bought a Corsa as my friend advised me. She builds kit cars so she knows her onions.

I hate to bother her as she stays so far away but I am losing hope that my little car will ever be totally reliable and am afraid to take it any distance from home (if it ever starts again!).

She has said on the phone it may be a problem with a fuse or possibly a switch in the pedal section as it needs the brake depressed before the car will start. She also mentioned resetting the ecu by removing the battery terminals or getting what is known as an ELM OBD device from ebay and using it to reset the ecu.

Have already tried both keyfobs.
slnko2003 is offline   Reply With Quote