Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Area > Micro Image
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
CarboTech brakes in stock

The best brake pads (and shoes) your money can buy.
More info below the pricing.

Prices do not include shipping.

1521 (upgraded street)
MSRP: $125. Our Price: $112.50

AX6 (street + autocross and/or occasional track use):
MSRP: $139. Our Price: $125.10

XP8 (track)
MSRP: $150. Our Price: $135.00

rear DRUMS (must be special ordered + $24 core cleaning charge)
913 (street) MSRP $143, Our Price: $128.70
917 (track) MSRP $154, Our Price: $138.60

================================

Carbotech™ Bobcat 1521™:
The Carbotech Bobcat 1521™ is our high performance street compound that is our most successful compound. The Bobcat compound is known for its awesome release and modulation, along with unmatched rotor friendliness. Like our AX™ & XP™ line of compounds, Bobcat 1521™ is a Ceramic based friction material offering minimal rotor damage and non corrosive dust. Bobcat 1521™ offers outstanding performance, even when cold, low dusting and low noise with an excellent initial bite. This compound’s virtually perfect linear torque production provides incredible braking force without ABS intervention. Bobcat 1521™ operating range starts out at ambient and goes up to 900°F. Bobcat 1521™ is suitable for ALL street cars, perfect for your tow vehicle, police cruiser, and has won multiple SCCA Solo 2 and Prosolo National Championships. The Bobcat 1521™ compound has been found to last two-three times longer than OE pads you can purchase at a dealership or national retailer. Bobcat 1521™ compound has also been found to extend the life of your rotors 2-3 times. That’s one of the beauties of Carbotech Ceramic brake compounds. Bobcat 1521™ is NOT recommended for any track use.

Carbotech™ AX6™ (1106™):
The AX6™ takes the place of the Panther Plus™ compound that was so successful. AX6™ was specifically engineered for Autocross applications. A high torque brake compound delivering reliable and consistent performance over a very wide operating temperature range (150°F to 1250°F +). Advanced compound matrix provides an excellent initial “bite”, high coefficient of friction, and very progressive brake modulation and release characteristics. AX6™ offers high fade resistance, rotor friendliness at all temperatures, excellent cold stopping power, and non corrosive dust. As a result, AX6™ is an excellent choice for Autocross & novice track day drivers and beginner high performance driver education (HPDE) drivers on street driven cars using street tires eliminating the need to change brake pads at the track. AX6™ has gained tremendous popularity with SCCA Prosolo/Solo2 competitors for its fantastic bite, release & modulation. Many drivers use the AX6™ for street driving as well, even though Carbotech doesn’t recommend street driving with AX6™ due to possible elevated levels of dust and noise. AX6™ is NOT a race compound, and should not be used as such. AX6™ shouldn’t be used by any intermediate or advanced track day drivers, and should not be used with “R” compound tires (racing tires). Cars in excess of 300hp and/or 3,000lbs should not use AX6™ for any track use.

Carbotech XP8™ (1108™):
A high torque brake compound with a wide operating temperature range (200°F-1350°F+). Carbotech XP8™ is the first of our racing compounds. Outstanding initial bite at race temperatures, high coefficient of friction, excellent modulation and release characteristics. Extremely high fade resistance, very rotor friendly with 100% non-corrosive dust. Excellent as a front brake pad for lighter ITA, ITB, ITC, SRF, H4, H5, and other cars that weigh less than 2,400lbs. Perfect for novice, intermediate and advanced track day (HPDE) use with any tire, and can still be driven safely to and from the track. There are several vehicles that use XP8™ on the street, autocross, and at track day (HPDE) events. Carbotech does NOT recommended XP8™ as a daily driven street pad due to elevated levels of dust and noise. XP8™ is also a great rear brake pad for almost any race car (Spec Miata-T1/T2/CMC). XP8™ is a great compound on the front & rear of most open wheel and sports racers.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.

Last edited by cali yaris; 12-10-2008 at 06:03 PM.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:32 AM   #2
pinoypizzaboy

Drives: 08 toyota yaris LB
oooh wowoweewa. will this work with R1 rotors?
pinoypizzaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

sure will!!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 07-21-2009, 01:58 AM   #4
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Bump. Will probably order the 1521's from you soon. I hear my indicator every now-and-then, but I will have to change the pads out before August 31st as I will not have time afterwards. I'll just save the OEM pads for backup. hahahaha
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 02:15 AM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

nice!
Old 07-21-2009, 02:23 AM   #6
Kaotic Lazagna

Yup, I was going to go with some OEM pads and have a member here install them for me, but hey, why not spend about the same and do it myself, and get better braking. I may be doing a private auto-x near Monterey some time in September. Is there anything I should know before hand (I mean, like how to properly brake in the pads?).
Old 07-21-2009, 02:25 AM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Also, anyone here using the 1521's?
Old 07-21-2009, 02:58 AM   #8
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Well my budget is starting to get tight so im putting off upgrade mods till the part im upgrading actually fails and then just replacing it with a better quality. So it will be another year or so before i purchase these but they are definately on my list.

Any reviews on squeeking? When i put hawk pads on my acura they would squeek occasional verses the factory compound. And seemed to be slightly harder on the rotor. These being performance pads i would think they would be simular.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:15 AM   #9
Kaotic Lazagna

Description says minimal rotor damage, but since you brought that up, I'm curious myself.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:16 AM   #10
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris white hatch
Send a message via AIM to kngrsll
those are awesome brakes... when my stock pads FINALLY wear out, ill be getting a set.
kngrsll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 AM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

The racing pads (XP8) are definitely squeeky. The 1521 doesn't make noise, or a lot of dust either.

There is a specific bedding procedure in the instructions. Those who ignored it got poor results, so please follow the directions per the manufacturer!
Old 07-21-2009, 11:14 AM   #12
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
The racing pads (XP8) are definitely squeeky. The 1521 doesn't make noise, or a lot of dust either.

There is a specific bedding procedure in the instructions. Those who ignored it got poor results, so please follow the directions per the manufacturer!
not only that, but the 1521 has like 3x the pad life of OEM pads as well as improved performance. I have 60k on my stock pads now with several track days. I bet new rotors/1521 pads and lines would nearly last the life of the car if you kept the fluid clean! LOL
Old 07-21-2009, 02:04 PM   #13
jkuchta

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch (red)
I have the XP8 pads and slotted rotors on the front of my Hatch, and after two really hard trackdays and about 20,000 miles, they show almost no wear. They are pretty noisy when cool and do produce a fair bit of dust though.

The rotors also look pretty much new as well.

MicroImage and CarboTech FTW!!
jkuchta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:15 PM   #14
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by kngrsll View Post
not only that, but the 1521 has like 3x the pad life of OEM pads as well as improved performance. I have 60k on my stock pads now with several track days. I bet new rotors/1521 pads and lines would nearly last the life of the car if you kept the fluid clean! LOL
Dang, I only have 40k on the OEM pads and the indicators started to sound.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:27 PM   #15
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Id get your brakes done pretty soon even though you have a tiny bit of life left on the pad your going to get into the surface of the pad that has the binding material in it which will start to creat hotspots on your rotors if you plan to reuse them.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #16
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Yup, I was going to go with some OEM pads and have a member here install them for me, but hey, why not spend about the same and do it myself, and get better braking. I may be doing a private auto-x near Monterey some time in September. Is there anything I should know before hand (I mean, like how to properly brake in the pads?).
KL, do eeeeet quick before school starts I got the AX6 pads, extremely happy with them, big improvement over stock! That whole "bedding" procedure is just some medium and hard braking from highway speed; when you're done the pads are smoking hot. I had some squeaking at first but rarely now.
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 01:38 AM   #17
Kaotic Lazagna

I'll be sticking with the upgraded street compound, but I take it that the bedding procedure is the same. hehe. Anywho, I'll be doing maintenance before school starts, so before August 31. I'll be doing the front brake pads, Sea Foam, and an oil change (still 0W-20 Amsoil with their EA filter). Don't think anything else is needed after that. hehehe.

Off topic: for the Sea Foam, a 1/3 of the bottle is suppose to go into the brake booster line. Stupid question, but where is that tube in our car? hehehe

Off topic 2: We may need more cars to keep the cost down in our private auto-x event. We'll be holding it near Monterey in September, as mentioned above. We will set up the track and have the timer. I'm opening this up to YW members, pending if more cars are needed. PM me if you would like to join.
Old 07-22-2009, 10:36 AM   #18
kngrsll
Apexing Egg!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Dang, I only have 40k on the OEM pads and the indicators started to sound.
i know right? believe me, im stunned. most of the miles came from going back and forth to school (30 miles, almost no stop lights) so i think that is a big part of it. also, i tend to brake late and hard, which is actually better for your brakes over all. if i recall correctly, most damage is done when you drag the brakes or during long slow applications.

i inspected the brakes after my last event, still look tip top. i will probably change them this winter/spring. this event next week will be the last i do for awhile because i start clinical rotations so i basically wont have a life.