Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-24-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
Anyone here an eye doctor? Possible to convert contact perscription into glasses?

So i am looking to buy some glasses online. I bought a pair years ago i payed something like 20 dollars and they werent bad. Looking to get another pair but I lost my perscription. I know what most peopel are going to say is just go to the eye doctor and get a new one. But a new eye exam cost more than the glasses lol.

So my contact lense perscription is -3.50 in each eye. I would assume it would be -3.25 cause of the distance of the lense.

But online they ask for things such as ...

sphere cylinder and axis. What should i be putting in each of those for numbers.

Pupil distance is something i could measure myself standing infront of a mirror with a ruler i assume. could anyone give me any insight who knows a little more about this.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:22 PM   #2
2+2

Drives: 09 3Dr Manual
http://www.eyeglassesonline.com.au/popup_script.php

Found by googling ' eyeglasses "sphere cylinder" ' Hope it helps.
2+2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #3
RHDVIPbB
Right beside you, wave

Drives: 08 PBM Yaris Sedan
I work for Dr. Bizers out here in KY. I think our sister company for you is Visionworks. Anyway...Sphere and axis only applies if you have an astigmatism. Its where light focuses on two different spots on the eye. Now sometimes people may have an astigmatism in their glasses, but not needed in their contacts. Let me know what brand you have of contacts and if possible, send me a picture of the end of the box that has the prescription.

Now you are headed in the right direction. The glasses rx is different than the contacts. Give me a day or two to talk to my doctor and see what he says. Now I hope you understand that this is just a suggestion and it may not be accurate but I will be more than happy to help if I can.

PD is measured in mm. Most adults have between 54 and 63. If you have a pair of glasses, put them on and have someone dot your pupils on the lens when you have them on. If you are able to call long distance, give me a ring at 502-339-7323 and ask for Nolan. I am in KY to help take in account of time zone difference. I am there from 9-4 or 5 tomorrow

2008 Toyota Yaris Sedan. Pacific Blue Mica. Custom vinyl eyebrows, color matched interior trim pieces, Vios lip spoiler, 17" Maas rims

2010 Scion xB 7.0 Release Series. 1535 of 2000. Murasaki. Stock with TRD springs.
RHDVIPbB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
I lol'd at..."Is anyone here an eye doctor..." on a YARIS forum.

Maybe when government takes over health care, all a doctor will be able to afford is a Yaris. But for now, there's still incentive for becoming a doctor.

Not that there's anything wrong with owning a Yaris of course! But a doctor in one would seem a bit odd.

Last edited by Kal-El; 09-25-2009 at 12:09 AM.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:04 AM   #5
YarisSedan

Drives: 08 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to YarisSedan
I looked in the mirror with a ruller and my PD seems to be 63. I looked online and that seems to be a normal adverage. So i am thinking of putting my sphere as -3.25 and leaving everything else as n/a then.
YarisSedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:16 PM   #6
2+2

Drives: 09 3Dr Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
I lol'd at..."Is anyone here an eye doctor..." on a YARIS forum.

Maybe when government takes over health care, all a doctor will be able to afford is a Yaris. But for now, there's still incentive for becoming a doctor.

Not that there's anything wrong with owning a Yaris of course! But a doctor in one would seem a bit odd.
lol

I heard a guy on the radio the other day pushing his book. They all have a book ya know? lol

He spent some time in England and doctors there have a list of patients they have to service. If none of them get sick it's time to book a tee time. If too many are sick they don't have time to scratch an itch. Oh and the doctors make house calls at no charge.

So what happens is your kid gets sick and you call the Dr. He comes to your house and checks the ankle-biter out and prescribes some meds or whatever. But before he leaves he'll probably give you a good talking to about healthy lifestyle and what you're feeding your rug-rat.

The Drs over there make less and try to keep their patients healthy (to minimize their own work load!!!) as opposed to the US where your sickness is their chance to buy that 4th house they've always wanted.

We're 1st in health care cost and 37th in results. Let's not fix it because it ain't broken. lol Eye doctors driving Yarii - that'll be the day.
2+2 is offline   Reply With Quote