Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
'09 Sedan, HK or Nitto exhaust?

I've come into a bit of money and want to swap the exhaust out on my Yaris. I don't want it to sound like an angry bumble bee, but I do want a nice growl out of it. From watching videos on YouTube it looks like the Nitto is the way to go, but you never can tell about YT videos really. I'm sure some of you guys have these. For getting a nice deep growl out of the motor (during both idle and under load preferably) which one should I go with?

Thanks

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Vioz

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Vioz
I have the nitto exhaust but I'm selling it, my car is too lowered that the muffler bottoms out everywhere i go, because it is on a bit of an angle so, not the end of the muffler but before the muffler ends where the big "can" is that starting point is the lowest point and gets damaged the most.

If your going to lower your car with Tein S techs, i suggest you not to get it, otherwise trd lowering springs or any of those with less of a drop is perfectly fine.

Vioz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
To get the sound you want, you'll have to be ok with some loudness in the cabin, especially when cruising on the freeway.

Tanabe medalion touring is still one of my favorites (and the 2nd mod ever on the car):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIO6Nn0wcAc

The S-Techs are the lowest spring available. I'm not surprised to hear that an aftermarket exhaust would have clearance problems with the car 2" lower than stock.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
47_MasoN_47

We have a lot of rough roads and dips around here, so my Yaris scrubs as is. I don't think I'll be lowering it any, not unless I move away from here anyways.

I'm fine with some noise, I used to drive a Ranger and there's not really anything quiet about those lol. The Tanabe sounds a little higher pitched than the videos of the Nitto I've seen. Is that reality or is it just YT videos with questionable quality audio?

How did the Nitto sound on yours, Vioz?

Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #5
Vioz

With just switching out muffler to nitto it sounded great, loved it. Once I removed one big resonator off my exhaust it became ricey :(. Still had that deep tone but also had a raspy kind of sound coming out of it, so don't remove any resonators if you want to keep that nice tone or buy the mid-pipe from micro image and take it to a muffler shop to make it fit your sedan, thats what I may do or just go Cat-back

Old 07-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
Vioz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post

......The S-Techs are the lowest spring available. I'm not surprised to hear that an aftermarket exhaust would have clearance problems with the car 2" lower than stock.
It's so bad :(, just speed bumps I go over them on an angle and still hear a little thump, lately I have just given up to prevent it. Probably switch out my springs :(

Old 07-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
47_MasoN_47

Sweet. I think I'll go with the Nitto from Garm. $250 seems like a great price and from what I've looked around it sounds the most like what I'm looking for. Thanks for the input!

Old 07-31-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
i wish tanabe made exhausts for the sedan

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:59 AM   #9
Red Horse

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan A/T
Get the DC sports exaust!!!!

Red Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:00 PM   #10
47_MasoN_47

I went with the HK from Garm and freaking love it! I'm gonna take some video soon and post it up here. Looks great and sounds even better!

Old 08-19-2010, 10:37 PM   #11
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3door LB
I would have to say get the greddy Ti-c.. it sounds and looks sweet!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0FbKecVvLE
EPyarisdriver is offline   Reply With Quote