Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-28-2007, 01:43 PM   #19
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-2NZFE View Post
so in other words you get the same quality and performance for less money?
that's what we're trying to figure out but it hasn't moved beyond speculation.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:28 AM   #20
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisTom73 View Post
My question: how much of a difference did the header actually make for you? Did it just change the sound, or was there truly a power gain?
I've lost what feels low end torque. But gains are after 4000 rpm. it seems to flow and run smoother at higher RPM.

In my ole Datsun getting a header really made the difference. The tuning in these newer cars is so refined as it is that it's hard to tell the difference unless you take it out on the track.

Over all it does feel smoother, but I'm sure I'm losing some low end torque.
For street driving, I miss it.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 12:45 AM   #21
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
It could be possible they are megan branded. I bought some "generic" support braces off of ebay, and to my surprise they were Megan and the quality was better than I expected, although there were no installation instructions. Chino told me the megan header was flawed, so I have been avoiding it. Besides, I desperately need to drop my Yaris.
Chino, as well as I got the prototype header. Yes there were flaws in the prototype. A few months later Mark (sf180th) bought a Megan header and there was a deffinate quality improvment, welds were smoother on the inside, everthing bolted up nicer, and it came with slightly different hardware... All and all newer piece is better
Old 07-01-2007, 02:39 PM   #22
reznunt
Hi!

Drives: EF Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
Chino, as well as I got the prototype header. Yes there were flaws in the prototype. A few months later Mark (sf180th) bought a Megan header and there was a deffinate quality improvment, welds were smoother on the inside, everthing bolted up nicer, and it came with slightly different hardware... All and all newer piece is better
thanks for the info! exactly the answer i was looking for.
reznunt is offline   Reply With Quote