Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
Freestylin

Drives: 09 Blizzard Pearl RS LB
An update on my 2009 Yaris RS (JDM Vitz RS Conversion)

Been a while since I've posted an update, so here are some pictures of my Yaris. For older pictures of my car, I've created this picture thread in the past: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39298

“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna

Last edited by Freestylin; 07-15-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Freestylin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:36 PM   #2
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Lovely! My engine bay is a hot mess. Any plans to go from the 1.5+Blitz to a 1.8 and make it a true RS?
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 07:45 PM   #3
Freestylin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Lovely! My engine bay is a hot mess. Any plans to go from the 1.5+Blitz to a 1.8 and make it a true RS?
Thanks. When this engine goes, I think I am going to rebuild the 1NZFE motor with forged pistons and con-rods then go turbo lol.
“On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit'. And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high.” ― Ayrton Senna
Old 07-15-2015, 08:17 PM   #4
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancia...4#Twincharging
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:20 PM   #5
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
Gosh, no wonder you park it in the winter!
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #6
aspro

Drives: 2011 Yaris RS 5 door 5 spd
Siiiiiiiick!

Digging the white on gold ;p

TRD sway bar, h&r coilovers, tanabe strut tower bar, konig feather, bfg sport comp 2, MI intake manifold, aem cai, dc header, trd catback, MI crank pulley, trd short shift kit, phillips hid kit, morimoto led fogs, parrot navi indash, alpine 6.5 speakers, alpine amp, alpine reverse camera, led interior lights, thule roof racks, netz badges...
aspro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:08 PM   #7
ABSPLASTIC

Drives: Twin-charged rotary V8 w/nos
Ever since echo_hrs did his conversion, I have never seen anyone else perform such a feat. Well, like they say, never say never! Props to your conversion my friend! I am envious of your JDM goodness!!
ABSPLASTIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:24 PM   #8
Freestylin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betrivent View Post
Gosh, no wonder you park it in the winter!
Yeah lol. Not a big fan of rust on project cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspro View Post
Siiiiiiiick!

Digging the white on gold ;p
Haha.. same to you man. Love the color theme. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABSPLASTIC View Post
Ever since echo_hrs did his conversion, I have never seen anyone else perform such a feat. Well, like they say, never say never! Props to your conversion my friend! I am envious of your JDM goodness!!
Thanks! I can definitely say that echo_hrs was one of my inspirations to build a Yaris like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Lol. Would love to but then that also sounds like a lot of work! :)
Old 07-16-2015, 02:38 AM   #9
TerenceCruz

Drives: 2011 Toyota Yaris
Oh man.. What a beauty. I love everything about it! Well done man! Can I have your seats, bumpers, supercharger, and...

Car? Hahaha
TerenceCruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 02:49 AM   #10
TerenceCruz

Just visited your older thread, man. I'm guessing you got tired of riding slammed! Both set ups look flawless though. And it looks much more functional now. I like being as low as I am, but I miss being able to drive anywhere. Wish I could find those JDM bumpers and tail lights for my 2011 :( Also when you were slammed on those XXRs (guessing) and S kit, what did you mean when you said "custom" megan coils?
Old 07-16-2015, 11:25 AM   #11
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
So clean it hurts.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 11:31 AM   #12
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Lovely!
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:03 PM   #13
Freestylin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerenceCruz View Post
Just visited your older thread, man. I'm guessing you got tired of riding slammed! Both set ups look flawless though. And it looks much more functional now. I like being as low as I am, but I miss being able to drive anywhere. Wish I could find those JDM bumpers and tail lights for my 2011 :( Also when you were slammed on those XXRs (guessing) and S kit, what did you mean when you said "custom" megan coils?
Thanks man. I decided to change it up to head in the performance direction for the car. Although riding slammed looks nice aesthetically and turns heads, it was getting old with not being able to carry passengers, avoiding speed bumps, and getting around in general. I think how the car feels performance wise or the fun factor of it is more important to me now lol.

When I was slammed on the XXRs I was using custom spring rates, 8kg (F) / 6kg (R) on Megan coilovers.
Old 07-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #14
TerenceCruz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freestylin View Post
Thanks man. I decided to change it up to head in the performance direction for the car. Although riding slammed looks nice aesthetically and turns heads, it was getting old with not being able to carry passengers, avoiding speed bumps, and getting around in general. I think how the car feels performance wise or the fun factor of it is more important to me now lol.

When I was slammed on the XXRs I was using custom spring rates, 8kg (F) / 6kg (R) on Megan coilovers.
Yeah man I definitely feel where you're coming from. If I get a new car, i'll have the Yaris set up like yours as a daily. Im on 10k/8k swift springs on my megan coils. Riding on max stiffness. I really want to find a rear bumper like yours haha.
Old 07-20-2015, 01:28 PM   #15
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
Man, super sexy!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 02:27 PM   #16
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
beautiful! It really reminds me of echo's car (i have his rear bumper+garnish+lip) now you need to do the little stuff...you know, mirror blinkers, RS front disc, RS rear disc, jdm style antenna, steering wheel radio controls, auto climate, electronic trunk button
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:39 PM   #17
Freestylin

Haha. Alright.. I guess I need to do more JDM hunting then! :)
Old 07-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #18
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
you can steal some of those parts from North American Toyotas. :)
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote