Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #1
ATL_Want_A_Pabst
PBR!!!

Drives: 2011 Black Yaris 3 Door
MI Fog Light Switch Wiring

OK,
Fog lights installed
Wiring under hood (fuse box) installed
Relay inserted and fuse in designated spot
Resistor removed from switch

Have no clue how to hook up the 3 wires coming from the switch.
Black with metal u-shape connector
Green with socket connector
Red with some funny attachment

I've looked at the PDF and searched both forums, but I'm confused! I'm assuming the black is for ground, the green wire looks like it just gets inserted in the connector under the steering wheel and the red has some funny attachment? I want the fogs to turn on with the low beams (OEM) and the PDF says to connect the red to 3 and the green next to it in 4. There are already wires in the socket though. Do I just grab some quick splices and connect the wires or what? By the way the wires look, it would seem its plug and play. And what am I connecting wires to by the shifter (M/T) Step 7? Please help
ATL_Want_A_Pabst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #2
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3door LB
One on them is for the ground (the metal u-shape connector)
and they do actually hook up to either 3 or 4.. i cant remember but what I did was actually GENTLY pull out on of the wires (you might need a pin to unlatch the bottom) then that wire plugs into what came with the MI (the funny attachment). Then that end connects back where you originally got it.
Thats the best I remember.
btw what Resistor did you remove from the switch?
EPyarisdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
ATL_Want_A_Pabst
PBR!!!

I removed the resistor in the switch housing per the PDF so the illumination doesn't stay on.

So if I read correctly, your saying to remove the wires in the 3 and 4 spot. The wire removed from spot 3 gets connected to the (switch) red wire with the funny attachment and the green wire gets inserted into spot 4? So that will leave spot 3 open and the original wire going into spot 4 hanging loose...???
Old 10-23-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
EPyarisdriver
...or Vegas for short

Drives: 2010 Toyota Yaris 3door LB
I didnt see that I guess im gonna go do that now.
and its either 3 OR 4 I cant remember
EPyarisdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 03:51 PM   #5
ATL_Want_A_Pabst
PBR!!!

OK. I figured it out... I just didn't use the switch and just pulled the wires from the connector (3 & 4) and connected them together. Now the fogs come on with the lows and the indicator on the dash lights up as well.